Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[COMPLETE] Voilegard Remastered
Hi! This is... Finally done. After more than a year of running into issues, lacking motivation, finding motivation again, losing it all over again, the file falling apart, me mapping the tiles with the wrong density... And learning new things along the way, the map is finally done!

Major thanks to Mapper Appo for helping with the majority of the remap and troubleshooting. Her detailed eye helped with livening up the grass and making the paths crisper; she also added the streetlights, which I was scared to add because something might have broken. She also helped me by adding the Mage's Guild and gave me a tutorial on how to properly added the teleportation markers for the exterior and interior (so that it works properly).

The map is a bit bigger, with the new following:

4 new player houses
A small park/recreational area to hangout (credit for the lake and the Yenten table set-up goes to Chaos' layout in Fort Arjav, because I'm very bad at exterior design)
More farmland for the sake of aesthetics, and if people (preferably Voilegard residents) wish to use them. The purpose of the farmlands have always been to represent the IC industry of agriculture in Voilegard
Better aesthetics and grass overall; cardinal pathways leading to enter/exit Voilegard
More trees
THE MAGE'S GUILD (thanks to Dev approving it after Fern's Black Falcon attack)
Lighting in the streets so that visibility isn't much of an issue anymore
A gravesite behind the player house meant to have the Town Hall loaded into to memorialize the characters that died during the Black Falcon attack (see: militia NPCs, former Militia Captain Joshua Jonas, etc.)
A moderately sized marketplace added to the rightmost part of the map. This marketplace can also double as a festival ground, where Event Administrators can add additional objects for festivals if they're able and available to do so.

Everything should be working as intended. Appo helped me confirm that nothing was screaming and OLD HOUSING HAS NOT BEEN MOVED FROM THEIR ORIGINAL PLACE. I don't know if the new map will unload the current positions, but I'm hoping Dev and the GM team will help those who may lose their spot regain them.

Once the map is added to the game, a proper I.C. post will be made.

Due to how many screenshots I took, please follow the link below to view them all:
https://imgur.com/a/aZhjAjy

Attached is the .zip of the files for the actual map and the Mage's Guild. Please let me know if anything needs to be adjusted or added (such as NPCs for the Mage's Guild or any dialogue). One thing of note is that the only map I had access to for the Mage's Guild's interior didn't have the new crafting stations.

Attached Files
.zip   voilegard.zip (Size: 362.01 KB / Downloads: 114)
[Image: Y8FFQj7.jpg]
^Mercala's Favorite Apparently
[Image: To2mAPS.png](heh)
[-] The following 2 users Like Blissey's post:
  • Snake, WaifuApple
So far so good, it feels like there is too many trees, but I'll say Name it Voliegard Map Remake as it seems like a good job you did out there Blissey.
[Image: b69d8dc830a1a6b64ce233e92b2e79c9.png]
[Image: bc307a682fc5f9d2b0a5c0de4dc3aa90.png]
[Image: 5441207b804d39be46ea2d5f9d73eff7.png]
Looking good so far Blissey. Be real nice to see the place be brighten up with the flowers etc.

Keep up the good work!
[Image: Empress_of_Light.gif]
I like especially how it's not all uniform, it feels like a remote town in the middle of near-nowhere. I think I see a Water Well in there, so that's the only thing I'd have mentioned if there wasn't one. Overall, I like the trees.
[Image: nfxQVrc.png]
Given the recent housing shortage, you may want to make the map larger. It's just a thought, because I know a couple people who have been trying to get a Voilegard house for a while now.
I could, yes. However, Dev didn't want me to touch housing at all. I'll wait and see if he's willing to add more housing to Voilegard before expanding the map.

Hopefully he sees this thread and is able to offer an answer/input as well.
I'm willing, just don't make the map super large (anything exceeding twice the current size, for example). Also, the current houses shouldn't be moved or else it will break them.
Neus post_id=38924 time=1580604269 user_id=2 Wrote:I'm willing, just don't make the map super large (anything exceeding twice the current size, for example). Also, the current houses shouldn't be moved or else it will break them.

You got it.
Hi, this is done now! The original post has been updated with all details. Dev, please let me know if you'd like me to make NPCs for the Mage's Guild, and if you'd like me to write dialogue/names for them as well.
[-] The following 2 users Like Blissey's post:
  • WaifuApple, Yukiri
Added some more stuff to the map and Appo made some improvements! Also changed the archive extension from .rar to .zip.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Blissey's post:
  • lalchi