Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Throwing Dodge a Bone [Evasion Adjustments]
I like option two. It makes more sense to leave beefy Evasion numbers to classes that actually are supposed to be dodgy ICly.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
Please make this happen!! Dodge could really use some love now!
What I would like to see the most is some adjustments to knockdown at the current moment, given how quickly a dodgy character will die without a way to back up on their defenses, if knockdown at the very least can be addressed I would be happy.
An Idea I had, which would allow to beef up numbers globally, is to add a new system I was considering on suggesting.

Basically Dodge when we look at basic attacks only is already very strong and reliable, I'd say in extreme cases you can push it even higher than you could push hit and be generally "immune" to basic attacks. I never really liked that.

So what if a dodger gets a debuff for everytime he hits a evade/evasion by like...-3  evade (stacks), though only for like 2 rounds OR if they get hit once. this would give multi hits more value in shredding evade for at least one hit somewhere. While only a small additional window, to land a blow, its a blow without any sort of defense, which means it would be alright if they "Reduce it more for a while". Of course not too much.

Cause eventually they get hit by a mean hook.

The only other idea I have is to add some sort of Damage randomizer to Auto attacks that's based on skill, making it so that if you have no skill you get a window where you roll for your Damage for like 50-100% with the minimum being adjusted by skill, or well yeah glancing blows actually I guess? Have their Autohit damage reduced by a mean difference of hit versus evade. Off tanks not having to build Skill (and on many cases no luck either) gives them a massive edge in both survival and damage. Enough of that nonesense.
Still relevant if only for the knockdown discussion more than anything here, Knockdown's penalty to evasion still needs to be adjusted somehow. I'd argue it should be removed entirely to ensure that dodgy characters aren't obliterated by a random knockdown, especially since mages can supplement knockdown for themselves utilizing custom tomes.