Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ratings and your team.
Tactician got buffed recently but I honestly didn't want to make this thread before but...I think it's best to just get it out of the way.

Tactician in a team, when it comes to keeping ratings is a lot more punishing than it should be...Which makes little sense since the players are punished harshly for other's mistakes.

It reached the point where they're better in a 1v1 situation or they have a premade team or team up with people that understand the game a lot better.

So where is the problem exactly? It's the performance rating and how easy it is to lose.
  • Teammate runs in and got one turned by the enemy team? There goes your rating.
  • Teammate summons a youkai/bots that aren't tankie enough to survive more than 1-2 rounds? There goes your rating.
  • Teammate summons wraithguard? There goes your rating.
  • Teammate die-hard and was defeated again right after? There goes your rating.
And the list goes on...Alot of situations you have no real control over since it isn't uncommon for people to flat out ignore the order commands to try and build the ratings up.

You are better off alone...Which isn't what the class sells itself to be.

I still have PTSDs of wasting 6-7 rounds against a boss, just trying to gather enough rating and keeping it for more than 1 round...So much momentum and time was lost.

As far as it goes, the only thing that doesn't destroy your rating is Dark eye.

It reaches the point where the Tactician is better off forgetting that existed altogether until only two remains or just themselves. It doesn't feel like you can grasp control of the battle, just more pray to god your teammates won't screw you over...That's RNG in itself.

So what's the point of this thread? It's far too easy to lose performance rating in a team than alone...Which partly defeats the purpose.

What solution do you have in mind? I was thinking about suggesting the boxer treatment. Instead of completely losing everything whenever an allied unit is defeated, how about it loses -2 rating steps?

Like from Rating A down to Rating C if an ally has been defeated. Why? because this will give the Tactician more breathing room to try and improvise with the rating they have without needing to start over from scratch.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Also, one point set of points.

I'm only really added this one because I notice as well, only three skills in Tact that can actually use the performance rating. While important, it's somewhat overshadowed by how effective it is for Black Knight...Another class.

I thought about it for a bit and decided, why not suggest a few more things on top of this thread? I'm not sure if this part should be in suggestions or not but here we go.

Assault Order - If the Tactic Rank is S and higher, it provides bonus Crit damage that scales with the Tact rank. At SSS, it grants +1 extra momentum if they score a crit with Assault Order.

Guard Order - If the Tactic Rank is S and higher, it provides knockback immunity until their next turn. At SSS, it grants knockdown immunity until their next turn.

Charge Order - If the Tactic Rank is S and higher, it allows those that uses it gain 'Terrain ignore' for that instance. At SSS, it cures movement debuff such as Immobilize, Celsius, and so on.

Cast Order - If the Tactic Rank is S and higher, it grants silence immunity until their next turn. At SSS, it grants 'Cant whisper' for one spell.

These only benefit those with the order that uses them. So if they choose to not guard, they won't get the guard order ranking bonus and so on.

Suppose they're mainly to give the Tactician's teammate an incentive to work alongside the Tactician than 'Unga bunga."
[Image: BAWqB6P.png]
[Image: fa5d9fd2e3f77f27206bb134638b5f28.png]
Rating shouldn't drop on summons or mercenaries, last I recall. If it does then it's probably unintended. And if it is not unintended, it should be.

In fact, comparing to Boxer. It's not like Tactician has a fluid way to passively gain rating as the battle goes. So even if a Boxer's sturm is back to zero, over time it will go back as they do damage.

Tactician's well-sweated ranks? Peace. Gone forever.

I'm all down to make Tactician's rate only go back to zero if you are the last standing of your team. If everyone died under your guidance then it's justified for you to take a massive L for it.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
Quote:Rating shouldn't drop on summons or mercenaries, last I recall. If it does then it's probably unintended. And if it is not unintended, it should be.

Then that's more likely a bug then if it isn't intended. It happens so many times, to everything I've listed and more.

Quote:I'm all down to make Tactician's rate only go back to zero if you are the last standing of your team. If everyone died under your guidance then it's justified for you to take a massive L for it.

It would be really nice to not lose ratings to everything that isn't dark eye.
[Image: BAWqB6P.png]
[Image: fa5d9fd2e3f77f27206bb134638b5f28.png]