Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Badlands Brawl
HEAR YE FIGHTERS, MERCENARIES, BRAWLERS, ALL WHO DEEM THEMSELVES GLORIOUS

Badlands Arena staff have decided it's about time we kick off something bigger than the sprawled out Adventurer spats on the grass y'all've'n seeing.  Who's the baddest in the badlands?  Test your mettle, and your metal, in a thrilling punch-down knock-out, one to one fight, with a little juice on the line.

Lotta brutes out there ain't familiar with the finer things, so we'll lay the rules out here.  Arena staff can inform ya of all this, too, for the illiterate blokes.

MERCANA IS NOT ALLOWED.  PERIOD.  Nothing puts a damper on a tournament more'n the church knights gettin on ya fer patchin yerself up.  That said, if ye got other magic that keeps ya together or more mundane ways to patch y'self up, that's all good in our eyes.  Just make sure that you're not using anything that'll get you in trouble with the church.  Even if it's just one o' the staves, it still ain't allowed.

Healing potions are permissible, but in limited count.  Ye can either use a single hi potion per bout, or a regenerative. If'n ye want to use stabilizers instead, use all ya like.

Any fighting style ya got's totally permissible, as long as ya use nonlethal methods.  That means if you wanna slam someone to the ground and skid their face off on the arena floor, shooting the air hootin' and hollerin' the whole while, no problem.  If'n ye wanna cast magic that makes people barf, or whips up a lil' typhoon in the air, tha's all fine too.  If ye think droppin' lil' suns on the arena is a martial art, we ain't gonna say no.    The only exception 'ere is that ye CANNOT be violating imperial law.  No void magic, no spellthievery, none of that kerfugliness.  Any of that will have you handed off to on-site guards immediately.

For this tourney, we got a 16 entrant max.  Come on over to the Arena and sign up quick, cause it's first come first serve.  We'll get yer name, a couple other small things aboutcha, and make sure you got an arena book.  Required for everyone participating.  Next time, we'll see if more people're interested or not based on how this'n goes.  This time it'll be four rounds'f single elimination-  Yer down, yer out.  Round one and two fights'll happen all at once, while round three, the semifinals, and round four, the finals, will happen one at a time.

On the eighth day of the fifth month, come on down to the badlands and show us just how bad you are!  Lookin' forward to it.

To any interested folks wit' a penchant for things that aren't fighting:  We're offerin' two thousand murai to vendors settin' up shop at the Arena durin' the tournament, as well as a two thousand murai stipend for anybody willin' to help out some menial tasks.  Vendor's'll also be encouraged to participate in a subsidy program worked out on a case by casis for an additional two thousand murai compensation.  Reach out ta us as soon as ya can!

--Jack "Jacka" Jackson
------------------------------------------------

OOC segment

Banned Mercana at the moment is consisting of Graft, Malmelo, Phoenix, Second Chance, Water Dragon(when used to heal), Refreshing Flow, and the Mend and Miracle staves.  non-healing staves are still allowed.

Rewards pool breaks down as follows:

Participation: 750 Murai, 100k EXP 
Quarterfinalist: 2000 murai, 250k EXP 
Semifinalist: 5000 murai OR choice of two Tarson Guilded items, 375k EXP 
Finalist: 5000 murai AND choice of two Tarson Guilded items OR choice of one non-boss ten star, 500k EXP 
Champion: 8000 murai, choice of two Tarson Guilded items OR choice of one non-boss ten star, one million EXP

If you lose in round 1, you get a participation reward.  If you lose in round 2, you get a quarterfinalist reward.  If you lose in round 3, you get the semifinalist reward.  If you lose in round 4, you get the finalist reward.  If you don't lose, you're the champ, and get all the bragging rights plus the champion reward.

Remember to be good to each other.  Be friendly, courteous, and don't excessively use LOOC during the event.

Given this is PvP with RP encouraged, this could shape up to be a fairly long-  five hours or so- event.  Be aware of that heading in.

If you have any questions re: the event, or want to sign on as a volunteer or vendor, contact either me at Kit#6944 or the Eventmin sponsoring the event, Dragonruby#2301.

This event will be taking place at the Badlands Arena, inside the arena, May 8th, starting at 11:30 AM PST, or 2:30 PM EST.

If we don't get a full 16 signups, we WILL be accepting walk-ons.  I'll make a follow-up post here on May 7th if we don't have our slots all filled up by that night reminding people as much.

IMPORTANT:  This will be clarified again at the tournament.  Rounds 1 through 3 will be strictly 3 minute time limit for turns.  Players are encouraged to type their post while it's not their turn, or swiftly after they take action.  Round 4 will be permitted a 5 minute time limit.

Finally:  To sign up, fill out this form with your character's information, and post it here in this forum.  Arena book-having is an honor-system.

Name:

Do you have your arena book?:

How do you like to fight?(Optional):

Is there anything you want to say to the staff or your opponents?(Optional):

(OOC)What information, if any, could the staff of the Arena have heard about your character in rumors?(Optional):

Thanks for your cooperation!  Remember to tell Druby that he's cool
[-] The following 2 users Like Maksimum_Fire's post:
  • Fern, Lv9Slime
Name: Christene Abercrombie

Do you have your arena book?: Yes

How do you like to fight?(Optional): Tooth and Nail (Brawler)

(OOC)What information, if any, could the staff of the Arena have heard about your character in rumors?(Optional): She had an injury recently, pertaining to her ribs. But she seems to be doing better.
Am I cool yet?
[-] The following 1 user Likes ItsWanderlust's post:
  • Boomkiller
ADDENDUM #1

Youkai are being limited to 3 summoned at any given time for summoners.

PR-Regeneratives are being limited to one per fight.  Remember that it's a Regenerative, OR a high potion, OR stabilizers.

The day wasn't properly clarified in the OOC segment of the post originally.  The event is May 8th, Saturday, at 2:30 PM EST.  The original post has been properly modified for these new changes.
Name: Vincent Kalt

How do you like to fight?(Optional): At my own pace, with my body as my weapon of choice

Is there anything you want to say to the staff or your opponents?(Optional): My thanks for bringing some action to the arena, and maybe some fresh blood too.

(OOC)What information, if any, could the staff of the Arena have heard about your character in rumors?(Optional): Although it was some time ago now, Vincent won a couple of tournaments hosted in Dormeho in the past.
Name: Eri Tiadore

How do you like to fight?(Optional): Mix and Match to Hatch a Plan! (Adaptive)

Is there anything you want to say to the staff or your opponents?(Optional): If I sprain my ankle do I get compensation?

(OOC)What information, if any, could the staff of the Arena have heard about your character in rumors?(Optional): She's some dweeb who's been running around trying to 'get buff'.
Name: Amber Maria

How do you like to fight?: Magic and youkai, generally, unless the situation calls for something else.

(OOC)What information, if any, could the staff of the Arena have heard about your character in rumors?: Senior member of the Blades of the Promised Land, a nurse in Sanctuary, incredibly capable with a large variety of magic, fought in way too many different situations to count, seems to have a fondness for combat as a whole (barring lethal fights). Generally the sort of person that may have been seen with some degree of regularity throughout Sigrogana as well as Kysei.
Name: Haru Runeborn
Do you have your arena book?: Always
How do you like to fight?: "I dodge a lot and I'm bad at doing one-on-one fights! Go easy on me."
Is there anything you want to say to the staff or your opponents?: Love you, friends!

What information, if any, could the staff of the Arena have heard about your character in rumors?: This lazy excuse of a fighter loves more his beer and chairs than fighting. For the most part they're just rambling about machinery nonsense and it's kind of annoying, especially when they're not drunk. Drunk makes everything make more sense for some reason.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
Name: Takeda Sasashi

Do you have your arena book?: Yes.

How do you like to fight?(Optional): Legally. Don't worry about it otherwise.

(OOC)What information, if any, could the staff of the Arena have heard about your character in rumors?(Optional): He was seen fighting off Black Falcon when they attacked the Arena with a modicum of proficiency, to the surprise of any who hear about it. Most thought he was inept.
Name: Kon

Do you have your arena book?: Aye-Aye.

How do you like to fight?(Optional): With me pistol

Is there anything you want to say to the staff or your opponents?(Optional): ....Ya-ha!

(OOC)What information, if any, could the staff of the Arena have heard about your character in rumors?(Optional): "That pirate captain's shown up here a few times now, he's a fella with a lot of grit, try not to underestimate him despite a lack of firepower."
Name: Alceste Hirosaki

How do you like to fight?(Optional): To the maximum

Is there anything you want to say to the staff or your opponents?(Optional): Give me your maximum

(OOC)What information, if any, could the staff of the Arena have heard about your character in rumors?(Optional): Some pugilist who appears in the arena once in a while for a good fight, giving his all (MAXIMUM) while being really loud. He also sometimes launches his opponents into the sky with a loud yell, be careful.