Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Stepping Down
Alright, I said it was my last month as a GM and I'm making good on that now. This is me officially stepping down from the post.

To be 100% clear, I do still have my GM powers, this is because Dev felt more comfortable with me still having them in case of emergency situations that other GMs aren't available to handle at the time.

Beyond that, however, I won't be responsible for handling GM duties anymore... but I don't think that'll be an issue. We now have many new GMs that I believe will continue to be beneficial to the game and I hope you'll continue to give them your support.

It's been a long and interesting journey to say the least, having been GM between SL1 and SL2 for over 11 years and while it has certainly been challenging and occasionally frustrating, I am overall glad and think it's been a mostly invaluable learning experience, a great opportunity for me to make good friends and has made me a better person as a whole.

I want to thank everyone who has supported me throughout the years and even though I'm not a GM anymore, I do still plan to help improve the game but from a different role now.

Thank you again.
i can't believe GM slydria is dead
but pixel artist slydria... remains........

Anyway, it's crazy that you've been moderating this community for over a decade -- and I've been there for ALL OF IT, but it's still wild. You deserve rest.

now get to making 18 new maps and 400 new icons by next tuesday or else
[Image: Y8FFQj7.jpg]
^Mercala's Favorite Apparently
[Image: To2mAPS.png](heh)
It's been a wild ride, Sly. You were one of the first GM's I ever spoke to on this game and I've never had a bad experience. I hope the endeavors you shoot for next will be fulfilling ones!
Everywhere I go...I see their face.

Thanks for keeping order in this lawless frontier for so long.
[Image: tenor.gif]
All I really have to say is... thank you for all of your hard work. You've definitely been one of the GMs that came to mind more frequently for me, and from my understanding that's been the case for most other people as well. Make sure to get some rest, you've certainly earned it. And, I hope you enjoy your new position, as well.
Thank you for all the help over the years, truly. I really don't think the game would have turned out the same without you in the wings, and I'm thankful you'll still be around to help it in a different (and hopefully more fun) capacity.
You've done a lot of good for the community and been a great big support the entire way, even when faced with some of the silliest of things. So I'm beyond appreciative of all the work you've put into this community through GMing alone.

Not to mention all the mapping and sprites and stuff you've done, contributing even beyond that role. And though you're stepping down from one role, I'm looking forward to all the other future ways you'll contribute...

Thank you for everything you've done, and everything that comes after.
[Image: 400px-Nihilus%2C_the_Abyssal_Flame.gif]
Ending 145: Disappointed in Humanity
I don't have a whole lot to say, but you did wonderfully Sly, I will not undermine the rest of the GM's efforts as best as I can, but I can without a doubt say you performed your job admirably, and I hope more feel inspired by your unbiased, fair and just performance as a GM. I don't think SL2 would have come as far as it did without your moderation at some points.

Also I look forward to working with you on the mapping team as usual.
To be fair, think about this one Slydria: You played a greater role for all of us that we appreciate, Protecting us from unwanted people. But for now, you deserve a rest with the new GMs to take over.

But I pray you do your best from Iconing for all of us!
[Image: b69d8dc830a1a6b64ce233e92b2e79c9.png]
[Image: bc307a682fc5f9d2b0a5c0de4dc3aa90.png]
[Image: 5441207b804d39be46ea2d5f9d73eff7.png]
Thanks for all the hard work, man.
[Image: rwFTX1T.png]