Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Skill Cooldowns
Okay but that does not solve the issue of classes not being able to do what they are supposed to do here.

The issue of skills being spammed in the past is when they are way too good, however, that is not the case with the skills mentioned in my original post, As I had said, Duelists are not able to do what they are known for, neither is a reaver-stance specific demon hunter, mono-mages are gonna get walled out, ruining the whole shtick of people running spell-bladey mono-element builds.

You have to think about it from the perspective of the user here, is Wazabane worth 5SP when it only gives you a very, -very- meager amount of hit and crit? Is it worth 22FP? And is it now worth 3 rounds of not even being able to use it? No, I'd gladly spend 5SP on all the passives as I could use them more efficiently than Wazabane, but that is not the issue here, every skill has the cooldowns, I don't think its a system this game in specific could use, where it's more turn based than action-based.

But, I can only assume this much is evident and I am just stating things that are obvious, so I'll get to the point

Cooldowns are fine, like I said in my post they're a step in the right direction.

If they are shortened for the skills that need to be used the most, and longer cooldowns on the other skills would be great too.

For example, Couloir, Repel and Sidecut/Sillcut are all very essential duelist skills, and only need a 1 round cooldown (That way they can also be used next round)

But the stronger skills such as Power Gradiation, Lance de Lion could have their momentum costs dropped to 3, in exchange for 3 round cooldowns? It'd open up so many possibilities! This much would actually open Lance de Lion and Checkmate to be viable again if they were on larger cooldowns than other skills, and make it so that power gradiation combos into other duelist skills but is not too overbearing yeah?
[Image: zo2BdSr.pngp]

Messages In This Thread