Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Offensive Spells
"Neus" Wrote:Just posting to say that I haven't forgotten about this, however I would like a little testing done with the new talents to see if the scalings still hold up or need adjusting. So, when the beta hits, keep this in mind and let me know your thoughts.
Normally, I would agree with the 'lets test this out first' logic. But in this case, there is almost no difference between the old -mancy talents and the new -mancy talents where affected offensive spells are concerned.

As it currently stands, four elements can get up to +5 Spell Power each; this value can't be reduced or boosted by any means. With the new system, every element that has a spell for it gets +5 Elemental ATK. This is affected by elemental scaling in most offensive spells. Now here's the kicker: As it stands with offensive spells, there is usually a very minor increase in elemental scaling between ranks, and there are only a handful of spells that reach (let alone bypass) 100% elemental scaling.

Put these together, and you'll see offensive spells either remaining roughly the same, gaining a very minor buff, or taking a very minor nerf. In other words, it's likely that spell damage will remain roughly the same. If very minor buffs were all that we needed to make spells work, this topic wouldn't have the suggestions I originally pitched.
[Image: a2794117f3.png]
[12:53:15 AM] Chaos: don't hit dyst
[12:53:18 AM] Chaos: that's cruelty to animals
[12:53:20 AM] Chaos: you have to shoot it
[12:53:20 AM] Dystopia: ye

Messages In This Thread