Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fangfare
I'm not really sure what you mean. Multi-hit autohitting skills often aren't punished - in fact, they're the punish for things like Body of Isesip, Snake Dancer, and so on. Mirror enchant usually just means you reflect their 8 damage per thousand stab hit to deal 4 damage back to them - it's as unfun to play against as it would be anyway.

Bellplate and Fang Faced, in the context of a lack of mirror enchant, are fine. 24 damage inflicted to the attacker on basic hit when you're guarding. There are better shields for tanking, fang faced only works on basic hits. Bellplate is the best heavy armor but for it's stats, not it's effect. 20 sound damage to bows or guns on hit is oppressive, but it isn't something that applies to everyone - it applies to basic hits on two weapon types. You presented the only two on hit counters to ranged weapons, the substitute for magic mirror.

1/4 chance to teleport behind someone and inflict immobilize on them when you evade or trigger evasion is something that applies to everyone. Kensei, for instance, usually DELETES dagger basic hitters (as it rightly should). If you haven't felt true suffering yet, play a Kensei and fight someone who easily inflicts immobilize. Not that that's a bad thing in it's own right, classes should have counters, but inflicting immobilize just for having something equipped isn't ideal.

Tsukikage set requires the... set. That's the hand slot taken up, firstly, but it also requires you HIT, and importantly, requires them to be in RANGE. It's also something the person with the item DOES, not something that is just passively a threat. It's something someone commits to - you HAVE to hit someone, they HAVE to be in range. If they are? Burn, silence, free teleport behind them. If you can't hit them, if they range you, this doesn't work.

If I can't hit someone with your initially proposed fangfare, it doesn't matter. I do not want to see more of "Ah, I can hit them with anything, they can't hit me with anything, but hitting them is an active detriment and my reward for being in this favourable situation is dashed by something I cannot do anything about".

Otherwise, buff the dagger, yes.
number 1 GTer EU
[-] The following 1 user Likes JamOfBoy's post:
  • Boomkiller

Messages In This Thread
Fangfare - by Perdition - 12-01-2020, 07:36 PM
RE: Fangfare - by Shujin - 12-02-2020, 07:59 AM
RE: Fangfare - by JamOfBoy - 12-02-2020, 02:30 PM
RE: Fangfare - by Perdition - 12-02-2020, 03:24 PM
RE: Fangfare - by JamOfBoy - 12-02-2020, 04:28 PM
RE: Fangfare - by Perdition - 12-02-2020, 04:56 PM
RE: Fangfare - by Shujin - 12-02-2020, 06:05 PM