Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fangfare
Surprisingly, moving within range of someone when it isn't your turn? Not ideal, Shujin. Divine Rain/Thousand Stab/Any attack that triggers Fangfare -> Lance De Lion/Dense Thunder/Literally any move. Teleporting behind someone is good for rogues, yes, but when it's involuntary and not your turn, it really isn't. Think about team fights, too. Teleporting across the map to have all your 10 def 9 res 800 HP body crushed under the combined weight of 4 people, because you teleported across the map behind someone who was next to their teammates.

You'd only be able to do what you proposed if their last action triggered the teleport and it's a 1v1. It's inconsistently a benefit and inconsistently a death sentence. Flottement in exchange for more DR? I'll take that, for sure. Flottement is annoying to deal with on Duelists as it can step them out of range of your attacks.

I don't know, I kinda want a dagger to keep me alive. I can manage and work around the range just fine, considering Rogue gets western wind, VA and Engineer have 1m movement, and Spellthief gets shades and blink.

(12-02-2020, 04:56 PM)Perdition Wrote: you can just not use your multi hit.

This is my point. You are passively denying someone use a skill for fear of debuffing themselves. Not ideal. You may wonder, "but jam you said multihits counter Body of Isesip and Snake Dancer!! isn't that the same thing???" Well, I use Body of Isesip, someone thousand stabs me and gets rid of it. 3M wasted, shouldn't have done that. An error on my part, but they're using a spear and they're a soldier (or DH), so they can do that. They have that counter to one of my skills.

Or I get thousand stabbed by this dude. And now they're immobilized. Haha, poggers, guess they shouldn't have, y'know, dealt damage to me in attempts to lower my HP to 0 so they win the fight. Guess they should have known I was using a Fangfare. Guess they should have more hit. That's not fun. That's not clever. That's not what the dagger should do.

(12-02-2020, 04:56 PM)Perdition Wrote: As for immobilization, Anchor Edge has a 100% chance to immobilize on every crit.

On crit. You are rewarded for attacking, yes, that's my point with the hikage set, and the reason I brought it up - whereas the Fangfare you suggest rewards you for BEING hit.

(12-02-2020, 04:56 PM)Perdition Wrote: As for Tsukikage, it requiring the set doesn't make sense as a counterpoint.

Bloody palms. Nullstone gauntlet. Crownbleeder. There are more strong options for your hand slot. My point is that when you use the Hikage Tsukikage set, you are fully commited to it, and all your boons come with the drawback of that commitment. By equipping a hypothetical Perdition-improved Fangfare, what commitment is there? You have a % chance to immobilize someone when you get hit. You are inflicting a very powerful debuff on someone in response to them performing the main objective in a fight.

You missed my point about hitting people, too. Apologies, I should've worded it better. If I can't hit someone with Fangfare, but they can hit me? I have a massive benefit regardless because hitting me runs the risk of debuffing them. Even though I, by all means - out ranged, out played, and with nothing I can do - should be disadvantaged, I am not.

I'll drop it after this because it seems like this might go on forever. You suggestion can have enough merit if you limit the effect only to enemies within 1 or 2 range, but even then the fundamental flaws are still present.
number 1 GTer EU
[-] The following 2 users Like JamOfBoy's post:
  • Boomkiller, FatherCrixius

Messages In This Thread
Fangfare - by Perdition - 12-01-2020, 07:36 PM
RE: Fangfare - by Shujin - 12-02-2020, 07:59 AM
RE: Fangfare - by JamOfBoy - 12-02-2020, 02:30 PM
RE: Fangfare - by Perdition - 12-02-2020, 03:24 PM
RE: Fangfare - by JamOfBoy - 12-02-2020, 04:28 PM
RE: Fangfare - by Perdition - 12-02-2020, 04:56 PM
RE: Fangfare - by Shujin - 12-02-2020, 06:05 PM
RE: Fangfare - by JamOfBoy - 12-03-2020, 12:16 AM