Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fangfare
Okay so you’re saying the issue is punishing someone for trying to do the main objective in a fight is bad. How is that any different than how the weapon is now, except just for basic attacks? I tried to hit this guy, he dodged and I got immobilized for it. I got punished for trying to hit him. The main objective of the battle. There’s literally no difference. As for the hand slots you listed, more often than not you’re using two weapons with a dagger. Even if you weren’t, it hardly seems like a mark against the idea.

In regard to passively denying someone using skills, that was literally covered by what I said. If someone is packing retaliation in some form, you passively discourage them to not use multiple hit techniques because the retaliation is much more punishing. You keep going back to thousand stab as if it being suboptimal to use in this specific situation matters.

Man, thousand stab sucks here. It’s a good thing I have 5 other auto hits I can use anyway. The same way you wouldn’t blindly rapid kick a mirrored shield user if you know they have it. The same way a spirit mirror passively discourages you from hitting with the projectile you want to get rid of the debuff. There’s so many ways to play around this iteration of Fangfare that multi hit auto hits having a higher chance of proccing it is irrelevant. If you’re using multi round guns against a fangfare user you’re guaranteeing they teleport behind you if they dodge as it stands now. But in this case, your gun is always multi hit. You can’t even choose a different auto hit. Does that make Fangfare broken too?

Oh. And think about team fights too. Let’s say you dodge a ranger using current fang fare and teleport behind them across the map because you dodged their arrow. That sure sounds like a shitty position to me. But wait; that’s something that can still currently happen with Fangfare.

Everything you’re bringing up is an “issue” that is still present. Man, this Fangfare user dodged my basic and teleported behind me and immobilized me. I guess I shouldn’t have tried to put his HP to 0. I guess I should have built more hit. Everything you said applies to Fangfare as it currently exists but solely for basic attacks.

The difference is that effects like this for basic attacks are worthless. Hit vs evade is usually one sided. You usually either dodge everything they throw because you evade wall them or they have enough hit to make your evade irrelevant. If you can already dodge all basic attacks thrown at you, then you’ve already won. That on evade effect you have is just win more. Likewise if they can hit you consistently then you may as well not even have the effect.

But yes, I guess the above issues you listed should only apply to basic attacks. Suddenly those issues are glaring if the same exact ones are applied to auto hits.

Messages In This Thread
Fangfare - by Perdition - 12-01-2020, 07:36 PM
RE: Fangfare - by Shujin - 12-02-2020, 07:59 AM
RE: Fangfare - by JamOfBoy - 12-02-2020, 02:30 PM
RE: Fangfare - by Perdition - 12-02-2020, 03:24 PM
RE: Fangfare - by JamOfBoy - 12-02-2020, 04:28 PM
RE: Fangfare - by Perdition - 12-02-2020, 04:56 PM
RE: Fangfare - by Shujin - 12-02-2020, 06:05 PM
RE: Fangfare - by JamOfBoy - 12-03-2020, 12:16 AM
RE: Fangfare - by Perdition - 12-03-2020, 04:23 AM
RE: Fangfare - by Snake - 12-18-2020, 04:35 PM