Poll: What do you think?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes, with some touches here and there
63.33%
19 63.33%
No, not at all
10.00%
3 10.00%
I think something else could be done
26.67%
8 26.67%
Total 30 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 3.17 Average
["Global Fleur" Proposal] A "fix" to Basic Attacks
I'll chip in to say - Yes, please. Especially with the number of class reworks/additions being basic-focused or basic-support friendly, like BK, Shapeshifter, and Bonder.

There are many times I have wanted to try a specific thing - Bonder main class with anything that isn't autohits, Ranger with anything but Ghost and pre-rework Kensei, Martial Artist with anything other than ghost and pre-rework Kensei, Black Knight with anything other than Ghost... And stopped because it was obvious that it just wouldn't be very good. Even not counting players, in PvE, it is much too valuable to have that third action available.

Fleur, and crits in general, have multiple counterplays at the moment already. Crit evade, Evade, parry skills, simply building as tanky as humanly possible. Not only do we have them, some of this counterplay was considered so oppressive and over the top that they have been nerfed. Crit Evade was nerfed in availability with the BK rework, Evade was hit with the trait reworks.

Right now, if you want to run basic attacks and not just plain be worse than anyone with autohits, you need to either main class Ghost, or use two different weapons and make sure your first two actions are basic attacks that crit. You have to be careful, plan out your moves and spacing, make sure you've siphoned enough from survival stats to actually be able to crit reliably, and then roll the dice twice if you're lucky enough for the setup to work out to even give you the chance to measure up to a duelist main class.

Then, if you do measure up to a duelist main class, you still have to deal with how you're probably not out-damaging the guy who has levelled four entire stats and is just spamming isendo at you.

The one thing I can't quite agree with is a suggestion to make basics universally better - Against a squishy target, basics will terrorize harder than an autohit if they land. Making basics universally better would make those kinds of characters fall apart, and it's already the case that in some situations a true basic-focused build can still cleave through tanks. It's just that the ones who can are... Running duelist main class, and skating by purely on Fleur.
[-] The following 3 users Like Tanasinn's post:
  • Fern, Miller, Sawrock

Messages In This Thread
RE: ["Global Fleur" Proposal] A "fix" to Basic Attacks - by Tanasinn - 12-03-2020, 07:28 AM