Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Solo Leveling? More like none (Class Board UI Thread)
(01-06-2021, 06:44 AM)Neus Wrote: I can only assume that people didn't read my last post in this thread since they're asking again for the manually positioned skills. The only part I'll repeat is that I have other things I would rather work on, as I don't see it as a critical issue.

There already is a visual indicator of the class you have selected in the learn skills window. It's in the top right, right above your skill points.

Removing the + and - buttons of the skills you don't have selected defeats the purpose of why they're there in the first place, which is to help expedite skill point distribution. While mouse wheel is an option, there are users who do not have a mouse wheel (or a mouse). Clicking +/- buttons next to a skill is much quicker than having to click a skill, click the +/- buttons, click another skill, etc. The buttons could be made thinner to look less 'cluttered' but this would also make them a little more difficult to click.

I read it. But I felt it prudent to make it clear that many of us want the change, and that even if you decide not to act on it, that you'll keep it in mind for future content.

Let me clarify to what I meant with an indicator: When you're in the Skill Pool menu, there's no way to tell which class you've got selected, which can lead to entering the wrong class' skill page. Unlike the Learn Skills page, it doesn't automatically switch onto the class you click on, which would probably be an ideal thing to change. What I proposed, if it was to remain as it is now, was to visually indicate the class you've chosen in that section so you don't accidently enter the wrong class via the Learn Skills button.

Though it might expedite the process of slotting in points, it's a lot of completely useless information, too. It's admittedly more personal preference, but in my opinion, it detracts from an already cluttered UI. And, I'd argue if speed, and ease of use was the primary intention, skills, and their flavour-text wouldn't be separated by an additional click through an already miniscule silver arrow in the other corner of the menu. People are going to have to click that to see if it's the skill they want, because they assuredly won't memorize the placement, and mechanics of every single skill in the game.

Hopefully that gives a bit more clarity to what I meant.
[-] The following 1 user Likes MakeshiftWalrus's post:
  • Ham

Messages In This Thread
RE: Solo Leveling? More like none - by GSM - 12-11-2020, 07:25 PM
RE: Solo Leveling? More like none - by Balor - 12-12-2020, 11:28 PM
RE: Solo Leveling? More like none - by Snake - 12-13-2020, 05:41 PM
RE: Solo Leveling? More like none - by Yashatari - 12-14-2020, 04:14 AM
RE: Solo Leveling? More like none - by Autumn - 12-14-2020, 04:24 AM
RE: Solo Leveling? More like none - by Neus - 01-05-2021, 10:19 AM
RE: Solo Leveling? More like none - by Ham - 01-05-2021, 05:06 PM
RE: Solo Leveling? More like none - by WaifuApple - 01-05-2021, 06:07 PM
RE: Solo Leveling? More like none - by Ham - 01-05-2021, 07:27 PM
RE: Solo Leveling? More like none - by WaifuApple - 01-05-2021, 09:23 PM
RE: Solo Leveling? More like none (Class Board UI Thread) - by MakeshiftWalrus - 01-06-2021, 02:47 PM