Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hikage and Tsukikage
They've been changed before, but after extensively testing them I don't think STR is a status that should be appended to daggers at all, especially the ones mentioned in the thread. The reason?

Quote:Hikage/Tsukikage
11 Base Power
80% Base Accuracy
5% Base Critical

75% STR/40% GUI

Like this you can't make any use of STR unless you reduce your VIT to nothing and pray the HP bonus from STR hangs in there, which most likely won't, and even then, you'll only make use of 75% of the investment.

To use these daggers you need to max as much as possible your SKI/LUC, because its base stats are extremely punishing to build towards, which leaves them sub-optimal when compared to the likes of Vorpal Fang, Dancing Shiv, Dagger (Yes, the 1*, mostly due to its potential), Akibanko and finally, the most used, Seiryuu Tessen which not only has a bigger scaling, but does a total of 100% Elemental ATK bonus damage that ignores protection.

All the daggers mentioned above interact minorly or majorly with SKI/CEL/LUC, which are core stats for any assassin-like build that uses daggers, and their success is solely due to it. If you were to change anything in those daggers to englobe STR on them, they'd immediately fall flat on their own face and become ridiculously underpowered. And that's the case with Hikage & Tsukikage.

Sure 'cool', you get to teleport behind someone, mada mada. But can we remember how many things nowadays just 'want' you to be on both behind the enemy and in melee range? Shaitans can clap your cheeks with one press of a button, and overall the crappy damage can both be TANKED by defensive builds, or easily DODGED by more optimized classes that use them, all because they're akin to STR Guns without any hit buffs or class that makes them the slightest usable to the tier of other options.

======

SO! TL;DR since you didn't come here to see me stating the obvious.

Quote:The STR scaling gotta go from these two daggers. They should probably be changed to these to be any usable by actual dagger builds, not omniclassing swordsmen:

A- 70% GUI/40% SKI
B- 70% SKI/40% GUI
C- 40% SKI/ 35% CEL/ 35% GUI (which I believe would be best for them)

In exchange I'd see Burn/Silence's on-crit effect durations lowered by 1. (Or not? We have Steel Aura to counter, and Silence has a huge 'grace period' of immunity, and Burn's LV is only 15, pathetic extra damage.)

C'mon, Dev. They're really cool weapons with an unique set ability. Why must they be so needlessly difficult to build for and have such bad basic stats and overall performance when compared to "better options"?

I'd rather see all SKI-based swords getting their SKI taken away for STR. Atleast it'd make it more fair and swords are supposed to use STR anyway. But Daggers? That's not da wae. Especially when 99% of a dagger-based char's gameplay is basic hitting.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
[-] The following 2 users Like Snake's post:
  â€¢ Deja Vu, ItsWanderlust

Messages In This Thread
Hikage and Tsukikage - by Snake - 02-04-2021, 02:13 AM
RE: Hikage and Tsukikage - by Autumn - 02-04-2021, 02:38 AM
RE: Hikage and Tsukikage - by Balor - 02-04-2021, 02:14 PM
RE: Hikage and Tsukikage - by Autumn - 02-04-2021, 07:11 PM
RE: Hikage and Tsukikage - by Snake - 02-04-2021, 09:43 PM
RE: Hikage and Tsukikage - by Autumn - 02-04-2021, 10:28 PM