Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Two-handed bows
Although I agree that Howling handshot invalidates most bows. . .Completely. I think its just because full swing has always been busted, and howling handshot just needs to not have it. Or crossbows in general should also nerf basic attack skills, instead of just basic attack. The crossbow 4m basic attack nerf never matters when archer already has dozens of basic attack skills with no cooldowns it can spam pretty much forever.

However I am completely against bows getting +20 Scaled weapon attack. And I am also against them getting +10-20 hit like guns do.
Currently archer passively gives bows so many free stats that it outclasses even steady on a rifle.
Guns only get +10 hit from archer.
martial artist only gets +10 hit from martial artist.
But bows?
+18 hit, +15 crit, +2 attack range passively from archer. That in and of itself outclasses steady, and possibly about equals or exceeds full swing, as ranged weapons do eat better than melee weapons a lot of the time. (And shortbows don't have any hit reduction in low range now anyway.)

And finally daggers, the other weapon type with no two hand bonuses. . . Are still ver ycompetative due to crazy scaling, crazy crit mults, inability to be parried by most parries, and the fact that their classes give them situational power bosts from the side/behind, and a crit multiplier from void assassin. Exceeding full swing when backstabbing as a void assassin easily.

(And then there's tomes that kind've get fuck all and also don't even care about the skill pool boost anymore because everyone just got 6 extra skill slots a few months ago and still don't have weapon parts even.)

I think bows are fine for now.
I think howling handshot is a problem only because two hand is pretty cracked, and shouldn't really be tacked onto ranged weapons in general.
Full swing should only apply to attacks within 1 range in my opinion. To make up for ranged just being generally better. Would then also make howling handshot way less cracked.

Giving bows two hand means they just. . .Outpower, outhit, outcrit, and outrange everything.
[-] The following 1 user Likes renowner's post:
  • Turadis

Messages In This Thread
Two-handed bows - by Turadis - 05-12-2023, 01:08 AM
RE: Two-handed bows - by renowner - 05-12-2023, 04:26 AM
RE: Two-handed bows - by Turadis - 05-12-2023, 04:47 AM
RE: Two-handed bows - by renowner - 05-12-2023, 04:54 AM
RE: Two-handed bows - by Autumn - 05-12-2023, 05:29 AM
RE: Two-handed bows - by Snake - 05-13-2023, 04:01 AM
RE: Two-handed bows - by Shujin - 05-13-2023, 06:13 AM
RE: Two-handed bows - by Snake - 05-13-2023, 12:34 PM