Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
On Dice-Rolling for Conflict Resolution
All right so I feel like this is a topic that should be made, because pretty much every time a diceroll comes up for something serious people complain and the complaints spill into OOC and people get upset. Flat d20's just don't cut it in a system where we can pull out our stats and see what we're good at.

My proposal is this: If you get into a situation where you need a contested dice-roll, roll 1d100 and try to get lower than your score in the relevant stat you need for the type of roll. If neither party rolls under, the one closest to success wins. If both parties pass their check, the one who passes it with a higher degree of success wins.

So for example, let's say one person gets into a race with someone else and one has 60 celerity compared to the other's 30. If the 30-cel person gets a 20 and the 60-cel person gets a 40, the 60 would still be the winner, because they have a higher degree of success comparatively.
I feel a more unified way of doing rolls outside of combat would make things much smoother for everybody and this way seems like it could work.
Any opinions/ideas/suggestions?

Messages In This Thread