Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Buffs to specific Hexer abilities
Now it's no secret that, while Hexer is a pretty powerful class already, and I'm not going to be trying to argue that it's not. But I do want to say that some of Hexer's spells and abilities pale in comparison to other parts of its' kit, and I'm looking to make a balance thread to identify which those are, explain why they're not that good, and make a suggestion on what I think could be done. Now, my suggestions would just be ideas, not me thinking that they're the only way to solve the problem... so keep that in mind. it might also inspire a little more variety in hexer builds... since a lot of them are kind of the same, at least on the magic front.

Any potential NERFS to Hexer should belong in their own thread - here I just want to focus on the ones that deserve more love. And I don't think it would be fair to leave them in such a sorry state compared to the rest of the class.

Underworld Flame

This underused spell has the same scaling as spells such as Fleeing Spectres and Black Static, with a very notable caveat compared to them. The fact that is single target is of a great detriment to it. Though burn is pretty good now, this spell probably isn't worth running most of the time because of this - and so my suggestion would be to make the target range of this spell a two-three tile diamond. If need be, to accomodate this, scaling could be dropped - but this ability would be so much more useful if it had the range to be more viable.

Eternal Darkness

Now this one is just... no good. I have never once seen it used, in part due to the fact that it's so, so situational, and probably not even good when it comes to that specific situation, either. It's another single target attack that is on equal scaling to some of the base mage abilities... but for a so much higher cost. At it's cheapest without efficiency, this spell costs 42 FP. Compare that to one of hexer's better skills, which has a good range and poisons stuff- Wretched Oil, at 40 FP. So what does it do to be worth that much? It upgrades a blind status by one - but only if that person is ALREADY blinded. I don't believe that an FP reduction would make this see use, though, either - since even with that, it's still a solo dark damage move that does nothing most of the time - so my suggestion is to have it inflict blind, but keep the current FP cost. Or maybe reduce it a little - though that depends on how impactful people think it would be to have it inflict blind. Either way, this is a woefully poor spell in need of love.

Silent Spirit

I get that this is supposedly meant to be used to make transferring curses onto someone easier and more pain free, but it doesn't feel worth it at all. It reduces the damage, sure - but you're using 3M to give someone else damage on you, when the chances are your curse will be transferred anyway, even if you don't. So my idea would be to... well, make this cost less momentum. Make it a 1M skill - and if the reduction is too much for that, bump that down. But this allows you to, barring resists, more efficiently use this. An alternate solution would be to bump the resist up higher or inflict something on them as a result (but what that would be is beyond me).

Essence Taking

I see this would be more useful for PvE - but the existence of food items makes it infinitely less valuable. So my idea would be to change it so that you gain that amount of FP on defeating the enemy, rather than at the end of the battle based on how many enemies you defeated. This means you can recover FP in PvE (where you'd be more likely to face a larger amount of enemies) and it'd be more useful. Heck, bump it up to 3-4 FP per rank and have it exclude players, making it a potent but purely PvE skill. It would still be a LOT better than it is now.
[Image: 400px-Nihilus%2C_the_Abyssal_Flame.gif]
Ending 145: Disappointed in Humanity
[-] The following 1 user Likes WaifuApple's post:
  • Noxid

Messages In This Thread
Buffs to specific Hexer abilities - by WaifuApple - 06-26-2020, 08:50 PM
RE: Buffs to specific Hexer abilities - by Snake - 06-26-2020, 11:28 PM
RE: Buffs to specific Hexer abilities - by Senna - 06-26-2020, 11:51 PM
RE: Buffs to specific Hexer abilities - by Autumn - 06-27-2020, 12:08 AM
RE: Buffs to specific Hexer abilities - by Noxid - 06-27-2020, 02:14 AM