Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
(Writers Read Me Please) What do you want from Roleplay?
Oh hey, it's finally a Revy post. For the first time EVER.

What I WANT from RP is meaningful interactions and to feel actually welcome in scenes. To feel like my characters don't just make up the numbers - in groups or in RP that I actually get on to get into, Slice of Life or otherwise. Genres? Don't mind anything. I love my horror, I love my creepiness, I love mysteries, I love LOVE. I love conflict (when it's not OOC driven, ie, "I don't like this person, let's go in on them"), and so on-- List goes on. You wanna do it? I will usually wanna do it. So long as it doesn't require an overthetop PvP build/A BUILD AT ALL to be/stay relevant in things.

When I log on, I want to be absolutely sure I'll actually get some RP out of the time spent, which used to be probably to my own detriment a lot before since it led to not bothering to come on because it "felt" like it was a waste of time and effort, and likely led to me being left out of a lot in the past. Similar to what Jupi said in his opinions, I too feel really easily demotivated when my concepts flop or my characters end up not really going anywhere, or posts themselves end up just going unacknowledged. Thissss... has led to making far too MANY concepts/characters that I THINK are interesting, but then end up not really having the love put in that they need... That, or they never really end up growing attached to anything that can help them grow and then end up kinda discarded.

As for style? I try to just write as much as I feel like I can, even if I get nervous that people'll dislike longer posts because of something I was told long ago, and often, I don't care what I get back so long as it's not just a single word response like "OK." "Cool." etc, or so long as the RP doesn't go completely unnoticed and those who were RP'd at just go and leave without a response. That kind of thing is a huge mood killer...

What I'd LIKE to be known for is for being someone who can help others with whatever they need from time to time in a non-mechanical sense. And someone who makes people laugh! Comedic characters're great, and having people enjoy them with you is the best.

I hope this doesn't sound like complaints or anything like that, just been working on my two cents on things for a while while trying to move...
[-] The following 5 users Like Revy's post:
  • JamOfBoy, Jupiter_Storm, Noxid, Shujin, Snake

Messages In This Thread
RE: (Writers Read Me Please) What do you want from Roleplay? - by Revy - 11-24-2020, 06:02 PM