Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Weiss - Request for being more resistant to Void Poisoning
Understood. Big thank you for the explanation. Part of the reason of this character application was for me to understand the world and VA's better. I agree with almost every point made here, But the thing I don't understand is why is void veil so vague in general. There is no explanation anywhere on how it actually works. It protects them but its not safe at the same time, that's the extend that I got from looking things up. And it being a "filter" too. With this, isn't it logical to conclude that this filter is the usage of the accumulated void energy that the veil absorbs from the void? so, wouldn't it be logical to also assume that without that void energy absorption property the risks would die down more or less? basically you're not using it as a filter anymore, but only as an "armor". What Dev said about it giving void poisoning was mentioning the void veil that was using the void energy absorption quality, which should be the thing that actually gives the risk, not the void veil itself. So the concept of an invention of a new type of void veil isn't out of the question, at least in my opinion. it makes sense to me this way. of course dev has not mentioned any of this, this is just assumptions based on his vague answers.  Only thing I disagree with is the reply when you quoted my reason for making the request, I mentioned that even after getting cured for poisoning it is very risky to use void magic for a certain time period, I mean riskier than normal. Quoting the wiki here "Those suffering from the beginning stages can be cured with proper Mercalan treatment and ceasing the use of unsafe teleportation (basically, anything that isn't Majistran qualifies as 'unsafe')". Not to mention that It is said that you won't be able to find a willing Mercalan easily that will treat you, because they see you as a reckless individual who has done this to himself. Quote again - "Early stages of poisoning are reversible by any competent Mercalan, but at the same time the use of Void Energy is seen as 'extremely reckless' by them, so most of them will not feel compelled to treat you, unless you give them a good reason." Furthermore, you said there that you a part of VA's is to use their abilities with some forethought, but then you said u can go out and use their abilities to the fullest, Directly contradicting each other(How am I using it at its fullest when Im limiting myself). So, I stand by my reasoning, good luck finding a Mercalan IC that will treat you everytime just so you can get back to void gate teleportations again. Yeah, not happening. Also one more thing, you said void veil needs continual concentration, but I don't see how that is. Void veils stored energy keeps being there after multiple battles(If you don't use it, you will forever have 60 void energy through 20 battles in-game), so how is the void energy still there if you aren't continually using it? Because if you stop using it, the energy should dissapate as well, but it clearly doesn't.  I apologize if I sound a bit rude or anything of the sort, I'm not trying to, I'm just trying to figure things out.  I will try a reapplication sooner or later, I guess I'll stick to saying "I guess I'm just lucky" till then. Anyhow, thank you again for replying, it was really helpful, and i completely understand the denial, I need to revise the lore, and since a lot of void veil stuff I used is known very vaguely as of now, I would appreciate further clarification about this.

Edit: I forgot to mention. At the end, you said I have to expand the "lore" section with directly referring lore snippets, compendium, documents or what dev said. While this applies to everything else, I can't do this to support a new technique such as a alternative void veil or a double layered void veil, which can be theoretically possible, since they are more or less inventions, something new, Unless It's restricted for me to think of new techniques based off the existing ones.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Weiss - Request for being more resistant to Void Poisoning - by duelist17 - 06-02-2021, 10:15 AM