Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Lazarus Shard
Omen

"It's over for me..."

A man mindlessly walked through the moonlit forest, carrying around his baggage without a semblance of motivation. He didn't know how long he was travelling for, or where he wanted to go.

"My woman left me for another man and I lost my dream job over something that wasn't even true. Is there anything left for me?"

He stopped in his tracks and emptily gazed into the dark. He had been unable to surpass the pain that came out of his predicament.

"I... I just... I just want a sign, damn it. A sign that everything is going to be okay. That there's hope. Damn it..."

After a brief silence, the homeless man screamed into the abyss.

"I JUST WANT A SIGN! DAMN IT ALL!"

As if responding to the hollow man's call, a fierce breeze passed through the area, rustling the tree leaves and lightly swaying the trees. He suddenly felt a presence, which caused him to take a slow turn towards its sensed source.

There stood a woman with long hair and eyes arguably more vacant than his own, under the starry moonlight sky. Flowers began quickly blooming around her, withering as fast as they had come to life, over and over again. It was almost like looking at the painting of a dream, only that the scenery was very much real and before him.

"W... Who...?"

[Image: image.png]

Bewildered by the sudden apparition, he began curiously approaching her. Was this another traveller like himself, or an answer to his plea? He hoped it would've been the latter.

"Are you... my savior?"

[Several days later.]

A young couple enjoy their sweets at the Cellsvich bakery, casually conversating about whatever comes up in their minds.

"You're still thinking about being a detective?" The girl mockingly asked her boyfriend.

"Well... I think so? Haha..." He rubbed the back of his head, clearly embarrassed.

"I don't think you'd last! The mysteries would scare the heck out of you."

She giggled after teasing him, picking up a chunk of her cake with her fork.

"I wouldn't be that scared! I can take it on, come on..."

He nigh-immediately responded, though he soon noticed that his girlfriend started having a thoughtful look on her face.

"Is something wrong?"

She let out a sigh.

"Speaking of scary things... did you hear? Apparently some guy that was kicked out of his house was found dead in a forest near-by. I've been hearing about it from so many people lately."

"Really? Sheesh..."

"Well, there's a creepy catch. Supposedly he had a lot of flowers that had grown out of his body, or something like that. Someone already buried him somewhere. I hope everything turns out okay and that there isn't some Doriad serial killer going about or anything like that."

"A... Ah." He gulped.

"See?! This is exactly why you shouldn't be a detective!" She pointed her fork at him.

"Oh come on!"

(OOC Note: The storyline I had been running has finished its hiatus. If you want to join and keep up with the deeper details of it, you must join my Discord event server: https://discord.gg/RRf3ZqpqYh)
[Image: Fern22.gif]
[Image: unknown.png]
[-] The following 3 users Like Fern's post:
  • Aqua, Lv9Slime, Skimmy2

Messages In This Thread
The Lazarus Shard - by Fern - 01-21-2022, 07:38 AM
RE: The Lazarus Shard - by Fern - 04-18-2022, 01:56 AM
RE: The Lazarus Shard - by Fern - 01-27-2023, 06:30 AM