Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Ability to put a Style Seed on your weapon to replace your attack animation effect
It would be very cool to be able to put Style Seeds into your weapon regardless of type and have it change your normal attack's animation (or the on hit animation in general, whichever would be better.)

Let me Sidecut a line up and have a bunch of Overload animations follow behind. I am the storm that is approaching.

Let me Crash Potion with a wind weapon and have a bunch of Vyd animations spawn on the people I hit.

Let me Akimbo with Yin and Yang, and have the Steel Aura animation appear on hit followed by the Shine Ray animation.

Let me have chains appear when I use Pulling Shot on somebody.

ETC.
[Image: Fern22.gif]
[Image: unknown.png]
I'd be fine with this, even if i were a donation item.
Like it adds a quality to your weapon like regalia-ing does, and it adds a style sleed slot to the weapon.
Please or make Style Seeds and stuff and make a Melee/Physicla skill version of custom magic tomes.
I'll sadly have to be on the other side of this request. Not that it's bad, but because this is one-hundred percent misleading. Regalias already ruin your perception of what the enemy is packing in an OOC term, being able to further disguise your weapons with Style Seeds can probably be an overkill.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
He's not wrong. People are already doing this with Youkais which makes it impossible to know what they had actually summoned/used if you can't double click to check them; even renaming the Youkai into something else. As fun as it would be, it opens pandora's box. Things like this would become mandatory after a bit as it'd stop be cosmetics and start being an edge in combat.

Nothing is stopping someone from using Reg to change their weapon item, rename the weapon and adding this seed effect only to use Concealment to mask it so people can never guess what the weapon is with the attack animation replaced.

Harmless on paper, can be used maliciously.
[Image: BAWqB6P.png]
[Image: fa5d9fd2e3f77f27206bb134638b5f28.png]
The youkai thing is definately an issue, more than the weapon thing I feel. The weapon's icon and name is changed, but you can still see everything about it that you need to see if you're already looking at the regalia.

You can always rename a weapon to any other weapon with concealment on, after all.

The Youkai thing however is a lot more insidious, as you often have no way to tell what's summoned (Especially if its an auto summon)And can also hide people behind the enlargened icons.

But I also see absolutely no way that style seeds would somehow conceal information in any capacity at all.

If you're using concealment, the regalia becomes completely useless. You don't need regalia to rename weapons. I can, for free right now, rename my stinger to be starshooter or red letter or what have you.
Bud...I mention 'Used Concealment'. You can only tell the weapon now due to its attack animation in case the person has Concealment up and it doesn't have an obvious effect. If you Reg the weapon and change the animation, you'll never know; at best you'll only know WHICH categories of weapon they're using. Not everyone has the same mindset to keep their Reg shown since that quality doesn't force the weapon to reveal itself.
Let sweaty PVP be sweaty PVP, don't let it deter from cool flavor for weapons; it's a very miniscule factor when concealment is already a thing and in 99% of cases, knowing your opponent's weapon isn't going to change a whole lot especially with weapons like Narcus getting the axe, not to mention that the skills they use is already going to be an easy factor to determine what weapon they're using exactly.

Just because there's a fringe abuse case that honestly doesn't change a whole lot even in the small scale scheme of things doesn't mean we should avoid adding stuff that could be good for representing our characters, that's genuinely silly.

Not to mention this is your normal attack, not every single attack. How often have you looked at someone with the animation of dead claw and went 'Oh I need to avoid being knocked down?'. Most basic hitting effects are pretty apparent after the first hit too.
[-] The following 5 users Like Miller's post:
  • Fern, K Peculier, Rexan, Shadbase, the homestuck man himself
honestly just allow this, but also make debug mode spit out what the weapon originally was.
[-] The following 2 users Like Lolzytripd's post:
  • Fern, Shadbase
If you let debug mode do that then sure.