Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Monk's Ki
Is there any chance we could make it so Ki lasts between battle now similar to Void Energy? That be interestign since it would speed up Monks from needing to power-up at the start of every combat.
That's the same as asking for Boxer to keep their Sturm, or Verglas to keep their ice sheets they made on the previous fight.

Ki is a build up resource, and Power Up is currently the core of Monk's gameplay. It's less a problem with accessibility than the class's design, which probably needs to be reviewed in the future. Since it's not fun at all to build up Ki, nor it feels rewarding. It feels like a "must do", rather than increments of your power level. I agree, having to spend a turn using Power Up to even be able to use your class sucks.

The nature of Ki feels better interpreted by Boxer's Schwarz Sturm, where your power raises over time as the battle continues, but to not steal its shine, Monk will need something new about it.

Ki itself should be an extra that makes their "already cool things even cooler", not the whole bread, butter and breakfast of a Monk.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
Or keep ICe Greeves between battle. I guess it does feel like a, do it or lose it type of resoruce where if you don't power up, what is half of your class?
I've posted some very similar threads recently that go over this topic in greater detail, there is a bit of a community backing behind changing these two classes to be more PvE friendly, as Verglas suffers in the FP department and Monk suffers in a team environment when half of their stuff needs Ki to function, and it costing 7m makes them lose a turn when most classes can rush things down.

Otherwise having to power up for 30 ki in a solo environment isn't that bad.

Monk QoL:
https://neus-projects.net/forums/showthr...p?tid=9556

Verglas QoL:
https://neus-projects.net/forums/showthr...p?tid=9555