Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Darkness Toggle or bigger torch
I know this may seem like a crappy call out but if weather can be a toggle, by chance can darkness also be a toggle. The game gets really dark and traveling is sometimes a hinderance. Not to mention darkness seems to be very buggy. Sometimes it is darker then others, when tabbing out it can sometimes get brighter when u tab back in. Others times when you go into areas it gets so dark you can't see more then your torch radius.

Perhaps we can get a torch upgrade that has a much bigger radius, maybe a flashlight/Latern which can be crafted using a torch as one of the ingredients?
Darkness is impacted by.. two factors I want to say.

Time of day and Iahsus.

I've said it once, I'll say it again. Outside darkness is MISERABLE to deal with. Why is it brighter in some dank cave than it is outside? The degree at which darkness applies makes it damn-near impossible to actually see stuff if you have a window behind you, even if it has a curtain.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Rendar's post:
  • firehawk11
I've got eye issues and would love this.
[-] The following 1 user Likes caliaca's post:
  • firehawk11
I also got eye issues, so this would help some of the community of this lovely gamr. I do understand that Umbral work on the night tiem cycle...
I also have eye issues and I've brought this up as a problem before. Just make night less dark!
(03-23-2023, 04:37 PM)Poruku Wrote: I also have eye issues and I've brought this up as a problem before. Just make night less dark!

The old Night wasn't nearly as dark...Can we hae the old Night back?
+1 bump
I also have problem traveling (specially in Khorvara) during night time. However I do think it's important to know when it's night time, because of RP and racial abilities like Umbral's. My suggestion is to add a clock or icon that shows what time of the day it is when you toggle the night-day cycle influence on lighting off, rather than clicking the Laplace icon.
Knowing when it's night time is already possible via the Laplace card saying what hour it is (Pretty sure night is 5pm to 6am, i might be wrong).
we should make the map DARKER

make it like in sl1 where everything but two tiles out was #000000 complete darkness
[-] The following 2 users Like MegaBlues's post:
  • Sawrock, Tana
Honestly, I like it being darker, and leave ways to brighten up the map to more traits. It adds to flavor.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]