Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A bug turned into a Suggestion about element attack
So why not buff some materials that give Elemental attack by allowing accessories made from those materials to also boost elemental ATK, +6 power between 2 items isn't amazingly powerful or game breaking but would make you think about it more.
Just to use an example that might be a slight stand out.

Using Thunder Steps and getting 6 elem attack means 24 damage per usage of Thunder Steps. This is considerable, especially if you use it twice and get ~50 damage per turn.

There are similar issues with Ice Steps.
So I can see the appeals somewhat in this idea, though I'd say +6 each from accessories would be a bit too much personally speaking for this, if it were kept lower to 2-3 I could see such, since giving it +6 for a specific type will make it become a bigger problem in the long run for things like Thunder Steps, Ice Slide, etc, as well for mages who naturally with their enchant of choice get +11 Elemental attack, this putting it higher than that; while adding onto what most mages will have; giving them a free 23 more elemental attack in one go while including further buffs from niche items like wind whistle, holy symbol, etc. that give +5 ele attack and would see a surge in the old item purely to stack as much elemental attack as possible for possible nukes.

All and all, it would be a neat idea and give something aside from just the resistance amount, but I think the amount would need to be nerfed down a smidge to keep it from going overboard.
If its only weapons I can sorta see it. You won't deal more damage as a mage for it if you trade for example your Fireblood remains for a specialized fire ore that does +6 ele atk. It also doesn't come with a weight that many spelledge weapons love for Two handing. Most spells are almost evenly devided between ele atk and Swa, you might just get slight increases in hyper focused mono element builds.

Dancer and Summoner are the ones that would benefit more of such, Dancer I think is a Dancer issue, and Summoner promos mono stacking in one element? Has the usuall all eggs in one basket problem, it works untill it doesn't.

So eh, it might give them atleast room to be considered again, and once dancer gets its deserved rework it be fine on that end too, I think.

Its not like people can't already dualwield staves as dancers for the exact same thing and simplle +6ele atk in that scenario isn't all that much. (cause its only +3 from per weapon from what it does (or should do if not bugged) now.)
Each item would only be +3,being +6 total booast so only 12 with thunder step.
(03-30-2023, 12:55 AM)firehawk11 Wrote: Each item would only be +3,being +6 total booast so only 12 with thunder step.

The 200% scaling is on ONE part of Thunder step. It hits twice for 400% scaling on one usage and 800% scaling per turn if you repeat action it. That means 48 total damage gained per turn.
That math is wrong once again. 3 per item with 200% is only 6, so 6 x 2 items is 12, with two hits is only 24 total. I am unsure why you are doubling it again. (Power 3x200%=6 power times 2 hits = 12 Power, times 2 accessries = 24 Total Power). Is my math missing something here?
(04-04-2023, 05:14 PM)firehawk11 Wrote: That math is wrong once again. 3 per item with 200% is only 6, so 6 x 2 items is 12, with two hits is only 24 total. I am unsure why you are doubling it again. (Power 3x200%=6 power times 2 hits = 12 Power, times 2 accessries = 24 Total Power). Is my math missing something here?
3 per item. 
You have two accessories. 
Since you have two accessories, that's 3 * 2 elemental attack added.
You have a bonus 6 elemental attack. 

Thunder steps hits twice at 200%.
The first hit thus adds 12 damage. The second hit also adds 12 damage.
You can use thunder steps twice in one turn due to having 7 momentum 
Thus it's 12  +12 + 12 + 12 = 48

Edit: Adding on here, cause it's dancer and they have tempo and crit. If they have max tempo and crit, they'd actually gain around 75 damage a turn from this.
[-] The following 2 users Like caliaca's post:
  • Poruku, Sawrock
Elemental atk is already good enough
Fair on Dancer