Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Paying to Skip the Grind
(04-10-2023, 01:41 PM)Rendar Wrote: It's a three to four hour affair if you're a mage/dancer or paired with one.

If you're running duelist or rogue? It's a 7+ hour affair. If not more.

Some classes get to go through the grind relatively fast (Rebia mages, I'm looking at you). Other's don't. I'm not exactly.... keen on the idea of monetizing the grind.

I genuinely promise you, that the problem that the issue that we're seeing brought up here isn't a matter of 'first time play thru'. It's a matter of having to LE roughly 4 times, sometimes more (depending on if you want crafting levels to actually run a craft in any capacity because every craft is locked behind level 6).  It was brought up in another thread, but I'm going to just suggest the same thing from there.

I'm aware it takes longer with a suboptimal build, I mentioned optimal build for a reason. Nothing stops someone from running a grind build from 1-60 in preparation for their character beyond the always IC rule making that a bit awkward. You could even argue that this already basically exists in the form of running an evoker + lantern bearer pure power combo until 60 and then stat resetting afterward.

It's not monetizing the grind itself, it's skipping the grind; the grind is still there for anyone to do within a few hours or so, paying to not waste time is a staple in games and its especially helpful in a game where a lot of events will expect you to be level sixty.  But yes, it's as you say; repeating the grind sucks, which is what I've mentioned in my post. It's primarily that a fair amount of people want to try out new characters/races/builds. Repeating from an LE is significantly less of a pain than starting with a fresh character, in fact it takes less than three hours with an ideal grind build! I personally didn't think it would be a good idea to pay for LE inks and that should be addressed elsewhere and there's already a few suggestions on the matter.

Your suggestion ignores the existence of fluidity fruits and would completely obsolete them too.
Having LE's not drop you back down to 1 so you can actually gain inks passively without kicking yourself in the nuts and committing to a day of grinding before returning to your actual power would be so frickin nice. You would be able to casually legend extend and grind when you feel like it and oh hey I hit 60, more inks, time to LE again. Wow, wouldn't that be so much more enjoyable?
[-] The following 4 users Like Poruku's post:
  • MegaBlues, Miller, Sawrock, Snake
(04-10-2023, 03:58 PM)Poruku Wrote: Having LE's not drop you back down to 1 so you can actually gain inks passively without kicking yourself in the nuts and committing to a day of grinding before returning to your actual power would be so frickin nice. You would be able to casually legend extend and grind when you feel like it and oh hey I hit 60, more inks, time to LE again. Wow, wouldn't that be so much more enjoyable?

On the note of the actual suggestion since I imagine I came off as kind of sassy; this sort of deal would be cool, but I think if we were to implement that sort of deal it shouldn't require LEing at all. Just a set amount of EXP until you get an ink after lv60 would be fine.

But this isn't really the thread to suggest this sort of thing, since there's been multiple addressing the issue with LE inks on Korvara.
Ways to trade Murai for EXP would be better in this case. Real money would make SL2 a p2w quite fast.

There should be also better ways to level up without needing to go out there and kill the bad guys. Sparring for example, could be a way to have a better and smoother sailing from LV45 to 60, without ridiculous stamina costs. Or if the costs stay, if it gave for example a solid 50% TNL EXP after it's concluded.

It'd encourage player with player interaction, rather than being stuck in dungeons for ages.

Or hell? The easiest solution is buffing Deja Vu.

The first grind to LV60 can be afforded to be slow, sure, but if Deja Vu increasing EXP by a massive amount for future grinds, it'd ease the salt on the wounds a bit. Something like 2x EXP gains after all bonuses, including Brainfood.

At least back in mainland we could have some events to help on that pain.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
Can we have a donation item to pay to make it Dev's birthday?
Dev's birthday + Brain food let's you grind very well~

Personally I'm against this idea, but a donation item consumable with a large cooldown that allows you to globally magnify world experience for a bit could be neat. . .
But also still unnecesary, really.
(04-17-2023, 01:53 AM)renowner Wrote: Can we have a donation item to pay to make it Dev's birthday?
Dev's birthday + Brain food let's you grind very well~

Personally I'm against this idea, but a donation item consumable with a large cooldown that allows you to globally magnify world experience for a bit could be neat. . .
But also still unnecesary, really.

Actually I think Renowner is on to something here. Some kind of consumable item that benefits the entire server with a big EXP boost would probably go over a lot better with the community than something that made the game feel pay to win.

Having said that, I'm still in favor of any method of alleviating the grind, and I would be in favor of just paying to skip it if the alternative was nothing. I strongly disagree with the level 1-60 experience having much in the way of meaningful RP or character building. You grind to 60, and then you're able to actually start playing the meat of the game by attending events and getting involved with the big groups.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Turadis's post:
  • Miller
Make blood soaked stack to incentivize parties or make an unlockable feature from the terminals that would do the same. Make other exp boosts from classes stack as well. Make sparring give a flat amount of experience based on the highest level of the sparring partners to incentivize that sort of interaction. Raise RP exp to be something meaningful. More patrion and asago options would be great as well.

"****" Party celebration- Gives a 25-50% boost to exp server wide for a couple hours while sending an alert about it.

Training Day- same boost as above but only guild wide. Let it stack. Why not.

Monster bait- Spawn a bunch of monster groups appropriate to your level nearby.

People with problems with monetizing the leveling process kinda miss that we already do with fruits and brain food. And also that the game needs money to run. They're right that the way it's monetized should be fun though
[-] The following 1 user Likes FaeLenx's post:
  • Miller
Another thing would be to make non-lava lake dungeons actually worth grinding, like by scaling the rewards based on how tough they are.
I like the bloodsoaked and monster bait ideas.
Frankly I miss the old days of crazy dungeons spawning 11 jammer alphas to fight.