Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[2.72b] Frostbite
If an enemy is resistant to ice and walks on ice tiles with Frostbite (or is pulled across them).. the person who gave the frostbite status effect loses momentum.

Considering I don't.. think this happens with fire tiles... this is just a touch weird.
Thats because Frostbite isn't Bonus damage, meaning you also get +1 Momentum for hitting a weak, so it comes with benefits too.

I don't think that is a bug, but might have been forgotten in the Bonus damage rework. I personally very much enjoy it on Intensify cold/absolute cold builds *shrug*
It cannot be denied that a lot of the power that these builds have fringes upon the momentum fuckery that can occur with Aggressive Cold or triggering frostbite damage specifically.

I assume this is not a bug here though, given that Frostbite's damage is associated to a status and not a tile necessarily.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Autumn's post:
  • Snake
Cinders don't behave that way, but Arbalest Fire does. I assume it's because there's a skill tied to the damage instance.

In any case, I don't think field damage should be giving penalties or bonuses, so I've changed it.
This is still occurring in 2.73d.
It has been fixed for real in 2.74. Previously it was only applying to NRA erroneously.