Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Ki Bespoken
It is time, Ki Awoken enjoyers. I believe Ki Awoken to be too punishing - the benefits are quite big, but the punishment is pretty damning to the point no one uses this (outside of hype moments just for roleplay reasons.) The HP drain starts on the very first turn Ki Awoken is activated and only starts climbing from there. Starting at 5% max HP drain a turn, then doubling. So 5, 10, 20, 40- you get the idea. So that basically lets you use it for the equivalent of 3 turns before you kill yourself.

Personally, I would like this to be hardcapped at 10% max HP drain a turn. Still a lot of drain, but can be manageable and still a risky move. If you went for 5 rounds with it on, that's 50% of your HP gone, so. What say ye?

[Image: 46f.jpg]
[-] The following 5 users Like PossumParty's post:
  • Autumn, Fern, Miller, Poruku, Shujin
I think Ki Awoken certainly is a bit too punishing. We had serval people suggesting some ideas regarding it. Increases sub stats like evade/hit/crit and SWA, reducing the starting damage to 1% and doubling from there (1,2,4, 8, 16 etc) so you have a few more rounds before nuking yourself.

I am not a fan of the optimal Ki Awoken playstyle being to not max it and force a selfstun heal.

Either give it more OMPH behind the self killing, or make it less selfkilling for its currently a bit lackluster effect. Huge stat buffs are a trap.

Either option I am fine with.
[-] The following 2 users Like Shujin's post:
  • Fern, Miller
What if it instead drained 5% max hp per offensive move used...
We have so many, SO MANY posts about this that I don't feel like weighing in again. . .
But yes pretty much everyone agrees based on what the other posts sound like.
Guhhhh...

Ki Awoken letting you 50+Ki% chance riposte all attacks received when...
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
I think monk needs a rework