Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Kiting
It is my opinion that currently there's a big problem in terms of kiting in this game.
People do it to let cooldowns refresh.
People do it to spam long ranged attacks.
People do it to run out the clock.
People do it to let people proc die hard. . .

There are so many ways to escape, and not very many ways to effectively chase, without leaving yourself open or creating a stalemate situation. I feel that this leads to unfair situations that tend to result in players feeling. . Dissatisfied in combat.

If you lose to someone just running away all game, or win after 60 turns of chasing, its just not fun. It isn't very heroic, interesting, or enjoyable.

For that reason I propose a sweeping change to most if not all techniques that move the character around:
Namely, for them to have the same effect that charge and thunder steps now have.

The ones that cost 1 or less momentum, or move 7 or more tiles: Winged Serpent, Haunting,  Blink (Yes I want this changed), Aerial Chaser, Ice Skate: I believe they should all go on a 3 turn cooldown if you don't end up within 3 tiles of an enemy unit.

The ones that move less: Flip Shot, Retreat Shot, Parting Shot, Sidecut, Kagekiri, Shukuchi, Crescent Rook, Bright Bishop, Silcut, Aligminato, Warp Strike, Pinball strike: I believe they should all have a 2 turn cd, if you end up not within 3 tiles of an enemy after movement.

And finally I also think Create Shade should have a 2 turn cooldown. Being able to spam it endlessly is so easily done, cheap to do, and draws out fights like crazy. I've survived at 0 fp for a good 6 turns straight just spamming this until I had enough fp regen to heal back up. The range on it is insane, and its only 3-4 momentum generally to use. I wouldn't even mind if it got a three turn cooldown.

This leaves certain things like Black Bolt, Detogate, Mass Rescue; and Charge Order still able to kite potentially, but I think that's fine enough. . . Charge order is 3m so you can't really use it to easily kite for yourself completely. Black Bolt and Detogate can be dodged and require signifigant investment, same with Vydel. . . And Rescue is only useful in a teamfight situation, and still draws them all together which sets them up for potential area of effect attacks.

If this change is made, then a lot of high mobility techniques can be used as a gap closer, without people being able to spam them to run away. Now if you want to run away, you have to stack movement tiles which has an increased amount of counterplay available in terms of traps and tiles.
Ah, the good ol days of SL2 have returned.