Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Volcanic Hot Verglas
(05-06-2023, 12:08 AM)PantherPrincess Wrote: You know this is a really cool idea, however, why stop at fire. I think each animal stance should have an associated element such as Hare = Lightning, Bear = Fire, and Fox by default = Ice. I think it's good to get some versatility going so as to not inspire samey builds across the board.

If something were going to act like this, I'd rather just have it be the 4th martial artist promotion. It's a bit too complicated for one passive on Verglas.
We need more skills like this for sure
i'd be okay with this to be honest.
Does make me worried about if insulate will remove fire resistances, and then salamander sword stacking though.
I love this idea! This is VERY cool and I'd love to see more diversity like this overall in classes.
OOC Devourer Of Souls: it makes me feel like someone slipped me acid laced water
[-] The following 1 user Likes Raigen.Convict's post:
  • Snake
I think this idea is the opposite of cool.

Get it?

Wreheheheheh
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
I would love a fire themed verglas, with fire kicks and cinder tiles and the like. I'd suggest it be its own class, but it would be a copy/paste of verglas, but fire. So having some element changing would be cool. Depends on if dev wants to change verglas' lore from something primarily ice related to something element neutral.
I would love if verg had a passive that changed the scaling to fire attack and fire damage
I've been sitting on this idea for a while, but a very drastic and derivative approach to the OP is to merge Monk and Verglas into one general elementalist MA promo. They're effectively the same class; not necessarily doing the same things, but both approaching the same archetype, conceptually and somewhat mechanically. Both imbue their strikes with elements, both have resource-building mechanics, both are spiritualistic martial arts.

The lazy jam's approach to this would be to just take the existing skills from both classes but make their elemental damage type dependant on a skill you pick, or something. Fire, Ice, Wind, Earth. Pick one of these four skills and every other skill in the class becomes that element, and you can't have two elemental skills. Obviously, you could get creative, and merging skills that cover the same sort of ground would be smart - Cold Front and Dense Thunder come to mind. You could keep their gimmicks and tie them to an element ie earth Dense Thunder does the same thing as current Dense Thunder, ice Dense Thunder functions as Cold Front does.

this is a lot of work, though, so it'd probably never happen!! having an aquamancer-esque elemental switch is a good middle ground and I wouldn't complain.
number 1 GTer EU
[-] The following 1 user Likes JamOfBoy's post:
  • Pyro