Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
War Rules (First Draft)
Like I said, the only way I could think to have a war that's technically fair is to just boil down the actual 'score' to a pre-determined number of fights that take place at scheduled times.

So at the start of a war, you decide you'll have a fight a day at various times to help people in different timezones over the course of a week. A 1v1, 2v2, 3v3, 4v4, 3v3, 2v2, 1v1. You do a best of seven with this score which theoretically means you can win by day 4 if it's a full sweep.

You set up a small area where the 'war' is taking place and pitched combat is assumed to be happening and set down some itemstands with NPC icons to stand there menacingly. People are encouraged to go skirmish there often to keep availability up. The score could still be kept for fun if someone is willing to open up their DMs to that perpetual notekeeping. People want an excuse to fight usually. You could go a step further and make the random skirmishes worth a point and remove one of the fights from the tourney list above, but I kinda doubt this would even be necessary.

Edit/Cont.
But as far as the war rules you posted go? Things would just get silly quickly with the kinds of posts and RP people use to justify actions, and the modifiers are a bit whack considering Duyuei would somehow be at a disadvantage to defending themselves, and deciding that score would be incredibly painfully vague in any discussion with someone who just doesn't want to be a participant. Which comes down to the real problem here... There really isn't much agreement on an OOC level between the people who would be taking parts in this conflict.

And when there's no understanding at that level, the rules just need to be arbitrary and fair with some clear design to win or lose without having to worry about someone making an RP post about digging a big pit full of spikes topped with leaves that they feel your character should have fallen in in what has been an increasing escalation of zany RP to try to 'win.'