Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Orc Race
So, every other race in this game is very similar to the others, allowing most playbys to be usable for most races... But I would like to see a bit more diversity in what we can see in the world. To be honest, races feel like they don't matter in roleplay 99% of the time, and it's a shame in my eyes. Usually simply "anime girl with different ears". I think races should be more different especially visually and in their origins, and it's really sad that we lost dullahan and lich for that reason. What's the difference between a phenex and a corbie in every day roleplay? Almost nothing. But I digress.

I suggest we add a green-skin race that originates from the earth. We have elves, but no orcs? Come on! It would be a fun addition that allows for plenty of playbys and would also make sense with the lore of the world. I believe a strong racial identity is a natural part of what makes roleplay enjoyable. The idea is to make them a race that has a primal feel, and abilities that focus on war, anger, and shamanic magic, especially isespian. I didn't want them to feel like lupines in the way that they get stronger on lower hp, instead drawing inspiration from dnd barbarians with the rage skill. I want the race to feel like you have this choice between shaman or warrior, to draw connection with the in-game mobs, and generally is very inspired by the in-game goblins and their abilities. They are a race focused on offense only, due to their aggressive nature, but I also wanted them to be fine to use with virtually any build while still having a few small specific synergies.

Also, it is my personal design philosophy that having simple but unique racials with plenty of traits to modify them is a great way to make a race iconic and impactful while also allowing a lot of build variety.

Orcs AKA Earth Children

Racial stats, vaguely:
High DEF (earth focused race)
High VIT & STR
Medium SKI, CEL, SAN
Low WIL, GUI
Zero LUC, FAI

Racial Skills:
Earth Child: -30% fire resistance, +15% earth and water resistance. Counts as GOBLIN race.
Rage: Active, 3m. Enter a rage that increases your SWA by 1 per 4 SAN +5 (minimum 8) and your vitality by 1 per 2 SAN +5 (minimum 15). When the rage ends, you lose the health you gained and become worn out lvl 5 for 3 rounds. Can't be dispelled or stolen. Lasts 3 rounds. 8 round cooldown.
Goblin Warrior: Gain +5 hit with polearm weapons. +1 power to polearm weapons for every 10 SAN.

Racial Traits:
Shaman: Req. 10 will, 20 SAN. Your rage increases your spell power by 10
Berserker: Req. 20 SAN. Your rage also grants you +15 critical (these rage traits are mutually exclusive)
Mud Mage: Req. 20 def, 20 vit. Deal 10% more earth and water damage to enemies affected by the Muddy debuff.
Tribalism: When you cast Rage and an orc ally is also already affected by Rage, you extend the duration of all allied Rage buffs by 1 round.
Warleader: Req. charismatic or exaggerator. When you use charismatic, exaggerate, or a tactician order while raging, allies also gain +1 to movement speed and +1 to their SWA for every 10 SAN you have until your next turn. These bonuses are doubled for orc allies.
Cool-headed: Rage is removed. You gain +2 FP regeneration, 30% status resistance against charm, hesitation and fear, and you gain +2 skill slots. When another orc uses rage, this trait is disabled for the rest of battle (you can use rage yourself).
Savage Warrior: Applies the racial to axes instead of polearms.
Bomber: You have a 50% chance to not consume a bomb item when used in battle.

Lore:
The goblin are a race of humanoids who live in primitive tribal societies. Not born from the blessing of a god, they are instead children of the earth who have existed for a very long time. It is said that the first goblins were literally born from the mud of the deepest abyss of the world, from the sheer power of the elemental force of earth. The wild goblins that exist in the world are far too violent and savage to blend in with society, but occasionally, a goblin is born with higher intelligence and a more powerful body. These so-called orcs are usually seen by the tribes as a symbol of change and war to come. They expect the orcs to lead them to conquest, where they sometimes become the fabled goblin giants. But if they are not sufficiently savage and vicious, they are rapidly cast out of goblin society. These orcs often end up joining civilization and learn to live in society over time, though they still retain their roots as an aggressive and primal race. Some orcs are born of orc parents and live just fine as part of society, though some of them return to goblin tribes and choose to live a life of war like their ancestors.

Leave a like for orc wife.
I get mixed signals here

Do you want Goblins, or Orcs? The traits and Lore gives mixed messages, and I see people Sooner RPing as Goblins instead of Orcs. Cause gobbo cute.

Rage? with 60 scaled San, thats 15 swa for 3 rounds for 3 M. High investment for a fairly mediocre effect that last fairly short. Even with the traits to boost it, its not really desireable. the Vit gained doesn't heal usually, and minimum 15? with 60 scaled, its a whooping 30 vitality. Only in max HP so its like bait for Malmelo to heal more I guess?

Overall, while I am a Fan of more diverse races, I too ask the same question to you, that you brought up in this thread.
"Whats the difference between Cute Anime Girl and Cute Orc/gobbo Girl?"
If a Monster race is implemented then I would like it to have LORE drawbacks. Superstitions, and not everyone being "Oh hey, I bang the greenskin today!"

I reaaaally hated how Dullahans, Liches and Vampires, even shaitans were treated in G6." Just mad dullahan friend that could go into a frenzy at any time! Its cool though! He totally not like the others I slay daily."

So hard pass for me on this, if this Race RPs basically the same as all other races. This ruins my Immersion more than it helps if its implemented like this as just another ERP race.
And if its implemented with Lore downsides, I am absolutely fine with Orcs actually getting aittle stronger than normal races.
Like I would remove the Vit from Rage, and just give them a reverse passive of liches FP one, just for HP. And Rage costing HP% per turn, without a turn Limit. Probably also amp up the fire weakness to 50% and water/earth res to 25%...Its fine for races to have defined weaknesses and strengths, even more so for monsters.

Either way, yeah not a fan of this pitch personally. Indecisive in identity and not really different from anything else we have. (people already RP chimeras basically like this)
R.I.P. Gwarte. Never forget.
Green skinned race that originates from earth just sounds like Goblins.
We already have the goblin scientist. . It could happen!

In terms of balance. . . Seems pretty cracked. Not a fan.
Lore seems fine. If they're actually goblins. Or offshoots of gobos. Maybe even just Korvara only race.

Rage? way too strong. Way too small a drawback.

Racial traits?
They all are just. . So cracked. Most racial traits just have tiny benefits or DRAWBACKS while changing the effect of your main racial.

I also feel its indeceisive in identity however. So perhaps it should just be Orc. And they're an underground offshoot of goblins that originated in Korvara. Related but not the same, like how Naga are related to those serpent monsters.

If they were going to have a berserker rage? Then it should just do something like. . . silence yourself and grant you 1.5x damage for 1.5x damage taken. 3m cost, lasts 3 rounds. 30% Fire weakness, 15% Earth and water resistance.
No free boost to hit or damage.

Traits could be based on tribes like wild elf's.
Insert name of tribe here for spellcasters: Berserk no longer silences, but increases fp costs by 50%.
Insert name of tribe here for berserkers: Berserk now also increases hit and critical of axe weapons by 1/2 Sanctity to a max of +10.
Insert name of tribe here for spearmen: Berserk now also increases hit and critical of spear weapons by 1/2 sanctity to a max of +10.
Insert name of tribe here for bombers: Bombs do +1/2 Sanc damage, and you have a 50% Chance to not consume one when used in battle.
Insert name of tribe here for marauders: While in berserk, capture's hit and damage penalty are removed.
The idea is to allow people to play as goblin or orc playbys with one race the lore says the pc race is just a mutation of normal gobbos. And yeah the rage skill is supposed to give health temporarily, but giving vitality is probably a bad idea. Something like 200 hp instead maybe. The balance can be tweaked for sure but I don't think it should be a straight up damage dealt/taken buff. Or maybe that would be fun
I mean. . .Dagger buffs damage for 10% Max hp every turn. Dullahan's rage drains 10% hp every turn. Ki Awoken drains hp every turn. There's not really any berserk, super mode buff that doesn't have drawbacks every turn. So just granting yourself more health would still need to have some pretty hefty drawbacks associated with it aside from 'hey you just lose some health eventually if the status ends.'

And just gaining more health to take more damage seems bad.
Lowering your hit doesn't seem fun.
Lowering your evade seems imbalanced for something that already just makes you tankier. Nothing in the game as far as I know just raises your health while also healing that newly obtained health, which on its own could open the door to even more disgusting ghost stuff.
Yeah, the fact it doesn't exist yet is why I went with that. It would not be overpowered, even if there's a little bit of ghost synergy

Also I'm pretty sure vitality buffs heal you, like salad
If salad does, then it must be on a case by case basis. Or depends on when the buff is applied. Because Synchro Summon buffs youkai hp, but does not actually heal them last I checked.
Don't shame the gobrcs. Also isn't there a subthread for this somewhere?
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
(05-24-2023, 03:29 PM)Snake Wrote: Don't shame the gobrcs. Also isn't there a subthread for this somewhere?
There is a Race/Class ideas subforum for the suggestions forum, yes.