Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Dark Bard Weapon Durability
It sucks.

Running through 29 durability in a Medis fight, not killing it cause of reboot, and ending with 0 durability is prettty unpleasant.

I think, in general, being able to eat through 3+ durability per turn as a Dark Bard lets you get fucked on durability pretty easily, especially since things like trickery procs of Crazy Rift take 2 durability and additional pyrotechnics FP.

A lot of things from other classes don't take durability when using them as skills, I won't list out what does and doesn't but essentially everything in Dark Bark does and this can mean you run through your weapon's durability in prolonged fights really fast, and all means that while farming you can actually break your weapon while most other classes can get by based off stuff not eating durability and weapon repairing talents.

I'm not asking for Dark Bard's songs to take 0 durability or something like that. I'd prefer it that way cause i think durability in general is not something other classes even have to engage with outside of rustic or desperado striker shit, but maybe a Galdr talent that stops songs from using durability up to SR * .10 percent, 50% reduction at max talent.

(Yes I'm totally making this thread after timing out a fight of Medis cause my weapon broke.)
[-] The following 2 users Like caliaca's post:
  • Poruku, Ray2064
Archer doesn't deal with it unless they basic, basic attack.

Duelist doesn't.

Hanging doesn't.

Kensei doesn't.

Every single caster doesn't.

Durability is, frankly, laughable for almost every single class. It's why you see critters wanting Razor Blade. Because losing however much durability just straight up does not matter 99% of the time because they can just use weapon skills.

Either everyone should get to suffering through Durability and have to invest in Emergency Repairs...... Or no one should. It's, frankly, a relic of a bygone era..
The fact bards are fucked more over by factors that at first glance should be unrelated to their classes and yet are more harmful to bard than anything else is pretty funny (see, silence and durability)
066: Birth of the Robot Emperor
(06-06-2023, 07:51 AM)Rendar Wrote: Archer doesn't deal with it unless they basic, basic attack.

Duelist doesn't.

Hanging doesn't.

Kensei doesn't.

Every single caster doesn't.

Durability is, frankly, laughable for almost every single class. It's why you see critters wanting Razor Blade. Because losing however much durability just straight up does not matter 99% of the time because they can just use weapon skills.

Either everyone should get to suffering through Durability and have to invest in Emergency Repairs...... Or no one should. It's, frankly, a relic of a bygone era..
only person who really cares are kensei spamming deflect boolet and Final flare memes (we sell our souls for divine)
Durability is a system that likely should be re-evaluated to not be overly punishing when drained, likewise it should matter to more skills and attacks that use a weapon. I would like to see Durability reworked and the associated systems tied to Durability (eg. Eviter) be changed to something else more than likely.
Honestly, I'd wanna see how bad things would be if Durability was used by every action you do regarding the weapon. It would for sure give use for other things we never see being used around, such as durability reduction passives from Soldier, or even Staff of Forging for Curates.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
Agreed, durability mattering would certainly be neat, it would make divine really good and make certain things more useful like repair powder
Oh yeah, in retrospect, maybe Darkness Hype should heal a bit of everybody's Durabilities while at it.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Snake's post:
  • Red Witch
(06-13-2023, 08:45 PM)Snake Wrote: Oh yeah, in retrospect, maybe Darkness Hype should heal a bit of everybody's Durabilities while at it.

If a rework to durability is undesired, I also think that making it so that bards have a way to repair durability in battle is a very good idea as well.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Autumn's post:
  • Red Witch