Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Zerans] Bad reception
"[url=http://neus-projects.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=557#p557 Wrote:Ryu-Kazuki » Mon Nov 17, 2014 7:47 pm[/url]"]
"[url=http://neus-projects.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=547#p547 Wrote:Lolzytripd » Mon Nov 17, 2014 6:26 pm[/url]"]Zerans can sense magic, They could theoretically feel the spells that they cast a lot, if anything, they'd be able to see which domain those spells they have belong to.

I'm going to ask you, again.. What good does this do for a...

Black Knight
Kensei
Engineer
Lantern Bearer
Evoker
Tactician

So on and so forth. Answer me, what good, it does, for me, to know, WHAT YOU HAD FOR BREAKFAST SIR.

- What good do Golden Eyes serve against something that doesn't cause blind?
- What good does Life Drain serve against low max HP, since it caps at 10% of your foe's HP?
- What good does Fire Breath serve against Chun install? (Nihilist nulls absorbs, not immunities.)
- What good does Poison Bite/ Banquet do against Glykin?
- What good does being immune to fear do against basically any class that isn't a Duelist promo?
- What good does Defense do against a mage, or Res do against a melee class?
- What good does it do for this argument for me to carry this on all day, even though I can?

I'm really sorry, but you will never have something that's useful for everything and anything, that's all there is to it.

My two cent on what to change the racial to: Zerans are focus sensitive. Focus SENSITIVE. It doesn't make sense for them to get an elemental resist since the wordiing sounds more like they'd be more affected than anything else. But being able to sense that magic? Sure. Maybe even give them a passive 10% chance to dodge hostile spells. That would be very useful and make absolute perfect sense while not being OP. However, wanting something that works well on everything is quite frankly unreasonable, sorry.
*loud burp*
Engineer has Traps,
Lantern bearer has spells and they now know which ones will get resisted, same for evoker, same for MG,
Bk would know if earth shaker was a viable choice,
Kensei would know if their badge effects are worth it if they have one also lau dau,
ghosts would know if using dark damage was safe,
tacticians would be able to tell their allies which elements to use on the bitches,
summoners would know which youkai to use
Arbalests would know if oil chain will work/ fortune wind time
void assassins would also benefit from knowing elemental resistances.

Knowledge is power. knowing how they will attack you and how they can defend may not give you openings but the zeran overlord can direct its minion that is quite capable but unaware of the opening to exploit it.
"[url=http://neus-projects.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=569#p569 Wrote:Ranylyn » Mon Nov 17, 2014 11:37 pm[/url]"]
Sure. Maybe even give them a passive 10% chance to dodge hostile spells. That would be very useful and make absolute perfect sense while not being OP. However, wanting something that works well on everything is quite frankly unreasonable, sorry.
I think Dev has stated numerous times in the past that he will never make magic Dodgeable in any shape or form. But that's just me stating past details, he could change his mind, and I wouldn't care if this became a thing. I still also likes Slydria's suggestion as well. But no skill/spell sensing.