Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Class-based drop table adjustments.
Sorry it took me so long to reply to this thread. I wanted to wait period of time that would give me ample time to not go "When the fuck did I ever say anything about that!? Stop putting words in my mouth!" It took longer than expected to be able to read the post without going "what the actual hell."

"[url=http://neus-projects.net/viewtopic.php?p=6905#p6905 Wrote:Sarinpa1 » Tue Apr 28, 2015 12:31 pm[/url]"]So I can't decide prizes for things because someone doesn't like it being expensive.
Cool.

Also rebellious spirit is most certainly not worth a few rounds in a dungeon. 40k is very reasonable, due to the fact that once you have it, you have access to pretty much best weaponry avaible in most cases.

This whole suggestion feels redundant and quite the large pain in the ass. Just because you can't get lucky to find something or arrange that you get it from others, doesn't mean there's a fault in the game, but in you. It's a roleplaying AND community driven game. If you're going to get specific, I have rebellious weaponry, two t-shells for my tanks, good comcs for my mages, sharp carapace shotties for my gunners. How often do I grind? Not so much.

I don't see this thread going anywhere at all, heavily derailing into complaints about different stuff.

Did anyone say anything about rebelling? Divine? Blessed? All I stated was to get stuff that's -usable.- Using tutorial weapons from Pink at high levels because you can't afford anything your class can actually equip (Yes, even dull Iron/galdric; Even an 8-10 power weapon beats a 5 power weapon by enough to add up over a few hits; no one NEEDS 20+) and can't win at the arena enough to even get Excel weapons to upgrade to is the problem. The only reason I mentioned unlocking hexer at all is because they specifically need cursed/doomed weapons, which is the only enchant/curse mentioned at all before you came in here and started throwing rebelling around like crazy. So yes. This thread was indeed heavily derailed. Thank you for your contribution.

I never stated that people shouldn't be able to set their own prices. I simply stated that high prices are rampant enough to consider as a variable for why people can't get usable gear. Which is a very valid concern to raise when yes, it really is unreasonable for an average character to just get them from other players at those asking prices. Was I ever stating that I wanted limits placed on prices? Did I ever say people shouldn't be allowed to set prices? No. I stated that it was stupid that the prices are so high, yes, but I was mainly contributing it as a variable towards why the suggestion was made.

Quote:Perhaps setup a variety of the arena shop, where the mediocre stuff is avaible, but its equipment, not weapons. That's the best one could go about with these ideas.

I actually suggested this awhile back, for both weapons and gear. Just basic iron versions of things like Shotguns, Jackhammers, Neltens, etc. Both by making them available in the arena like Excel weapons, and Laplace quests.

Quote:Edit : remembered another example
I got 75k over a weekend with nothing but RP. Legimately.

Congratulations. You know rich people who grind a lot. Stay on topic, please. People don't give that kind of money away if they don't oocly know who the character belongs to. I've been offered 1k here, 2k there, sure, but 75k?
*loud burp*
Perhaps the game could look at the items you have equipped, and skew what you find to similar items,

You have a sword equipped, Sword is skewed to double the chance of other weapon types.

Heavy armor equipped ect....

Perhaps a dynamic loot table that when an item drops its chance of dropping goes down, this way eventually rarer items that haven't dropped in awhile gain a higher chance to drop, until they drop and become rarer again.
tl;dr I'm pretty much on the same boat as Dev.

Maybe I'm not always looking for what my class is because I have the set I like equipped, maybe I am going after bands, or other items to give to friends / sell for / other reasons. I also don't like that this suggestion is basically saying, "change classes before opening a core" because that's honestly stupid.
Quote:OOC Devourer Of Souls: I did literally nothing and have never played YGO in my life.
OOC Black Chaos X: OOC Devourer Of Souls: no one activated zera ritual
OOC Blissey: HHHAHAHAAA
OOC Devourer Of Souls: That's fake.

Tengen Toppa [Image: 2zolp55.jpg] !!!
"[url=http://www.neus-projects.net/viewtopic.php?p=7073#p7073 Wrote:Ranylyn » Wed May 06, 2015 7:16 pm[/url]"]
Quote:Edit : remembered another example
I got 75k over a weekend with nothing but RP. Legimately.

Congratulations. You know rich people who grind a lot. Stay on topic, please. People don't give that kind of money away if they don't oocly know who the character belongs to. I've been offered 1k here, 2k there, sure, but 75k?

Quite on the contrary. You just have to have a character that's fun to roleplay with. Of course, ooc comes into question but in opposite way you imagine it. You just have to not be horrible. Figured I'd let you know.

That person put aside,
Getting similiar items to what you have equipped is..well, better than classes affecting the loot table, but it's still not too good. I might be searching for a pair of gloves, but I'm keeping a shield because I need that element resist/guard skill.
With the new tools, getting usable equipment shouldn't be so impossible anymore.