Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Slider Nerf
Can we have slider have a hit-chance just like run-down? It's kinda stupid that it has that group damage potential with the only real measure against it being shittons of def or killing it from a very long distance.
[Image: latest?cb=20150618145649]
I'd say make the move into a solid 6 M, so it punishes you more for having bad placement of your character instead of being too quick/not having Skip.

Then again, I have been involved in a round with 2 sliding zombies and they used "Slider" every chance they could, but it's really the only move that can do solid damage to players that isn't something like poison or burn.
[Image: rsz_c1ccb08eb04837ddc6b315f834f7f11a.png]
You can interrupt its charge with things like gust traps, so probably not.
Is there anything else you can interrupt its charge with?
throwing a summon in its way.. maybe a bomb. turrets... thats about it, really.
I tend to just Ingrain, let them slide at me, and then double Life Drain them, because I'm a vampire and I can do that. :p

I usually gain back just as much, if not a little more, hitpoints than I took in damage from the slider.
The main issue is that you can't skip against them, and if they deign to line up with you, you're looking at a pretty large chunk of unavoidable damage.
You can skip against them... if you're slow enough.
If you ask me, the reasons stated don't really cut it. It shouldn't be so bare-bones do or don't with a melee attack of that nature. It does double the sliders strength vs the victim's def and res to blunt. I feel like it should have an actual chance to hit or miss for that reason. Considering it's basically the same thing as rundown just with more damage and a assured hit.

The way it is now just seems kinda silly to think about.

Also, have you ever been crazy back-attacked and surrounded by three of these things? I mean defensive On-hit effects don't even trigger from the dang attack.

Can we have it altered to be like rundown and the only difference being the double str damage and increased hit on the target?

Or the whole turn thing. I do like that 6 momentum cost idea.
[Image: latest?cb=20150618145649]
Slider's Strengths:

- Damage is 2x Str. At higher levels, that gets ABSURD.
- You cannot position yourself to avoid it unless naturally slower AND you have skip.
- Will push allies aside to hit you regardless.
- Very long range.
- Autohit.
- Can slide and attack in the same turn.
- Does Blunt damage, which is not easily resisted.

Slider's Weaknesses:

- Only used once every 2 turns.
- Can be interrupted via Ice Points, Engi bots, and Gust Traps.
- Can be baited into trying to use through the environment
- Will take damage as it crosses Cinder tiles.

Other considerations:

Sliders love to spawn alongside hands and barghests. So being immobilized (even harder to avoid slider) and the strongest poison in the game. Yeeeeah.

Slider really is just TOO good. My suggestion: Either leave it as powerful as it is but remove their Fluid Movement passive (So they don't automatically go Last + First, so you can actually avoid it) nerf it's power but keep the passive (so you can't avoid it, but won't be completely ruined by it) or make it cost 6m to slider, just like a Firesplitter's selfdestruct (again, so it can actually be avoided.)
*loud burp*