Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I don't even need to look at my target.
This is mainly about Sidecut, only a small tweak, Sidecut is a great distance closer and attack at the same time, but usually you only end up using it on your remaining momentum, leaving you to be vulnerable to back attacks after using it (so you can't riposte or stalemate either.)

A very small tweak, if Sidecut hits, then you turn to face the target you hit last, if it doesn't hit then you don't turn at all, to give your attacker the chance to counter attack.

Perhaps apply this to other gap closers as well, who knows.
The first issue I see with this is that it'd result in them getting a back attack on you if they sidecut you after you hit them. And it wouldn't make much sense for you to face them after you missed.

I think Sidecut and whatever other gap closers you're thinking of are fine as is. It isn't an issue unless your opponent's move is somehow lower than 6 (what you'd need to back attack someone after they sidecut and turn to face you) , and they lack any movement skills at all.

Not to mention you can just...not use your last 3m on Sidecut if you'd rather not face away from the enemy.
If you're looking to rush down a target such as a spatial or some gunner, then if your movement doesn't reach them but you can move within sidecut range, then yeah you can use that as a means to get right by them, but no matter which way you sidecut from, you're exposing your back to them, I did say that if you were to miss Sidecut then you'd NOT face them, meaning the turn around would only result from successfully hit-checking them.

But it'd be dangerous as well to try to sidecut in to a void assassin, bandits and the like for Duelist classes and Black Knights, because then you wouldn't proc Stalemate or Riposte, something that really makes up those two classes, makes you end up using it less anyway.

The only times I use sidecut with more than 3m is when I've landed a crit with Fleur and want to get one more attack off.
Oh no, a skill has drawbacks. A base-class skill, at that.

I think it's fine as-is.