Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pizza Hunter: Bologna Barrier
Passively nullifying 4 Gun attacks per round sounds reasonable when using multi-round guns that can do 12-16 attacks per round, but against single round guns it means there's no possible way for you to ever land an attack ever, unless you have another gunner/archer in the party.

I can't really think of a way to change it other than making it not work from behind, or just work from the front.
Perhaps it shouldn't be a certain thing. Blade Barrier has a CEL+Rank*10% chance of working after all. (Granted, it's not difficult to get that to 100% but Blade Barrier also has other downsides so that's fine.)

Something like a LUC+Rank*10% chance to successfully deflect a Round? As well as the stipulation of treating attacks with one Round guns in the same way Bow attacks are treated so that it will consume all your 'Bullets' for the Round to do it.
[Image: 95e2774f19.png]
Or, perhaps, turning the skill into a toggle that also uses Gun durability. Just like Blade Barrier.
I approve of the idea pitched by both Soapy and Sly:

- Does not work from behind (Because you need to see the shooter to shoot their bullets)
- Uses all rounds to stop a single shot, much like an arrow.

I am not in favor of basing it on durability. Blade Barrier already does that. We don't need to just completely clone the skill but make it for a different weapon.
*loud burp*
I think Bullet Barrier expending all of its bullets to block a single shot gun's attack is relatively consistent with how it works against most multi-hit guns, so okay.