Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pizza Hunter: Know No Pepperoni
Know No Pain is almost like having 20 Defense as a passive, except it gets multiplied by how many instances of damage someone deals, making it horribly effective against things like multi-round guns.. and that's not considering the Rage mechanic.

I'd suggest either making it block a certain amount of damage per round, simply lowering the reduction per rank to 2 (and doubling the Rage it gives you, maybe), or stop it from working from behind as it's quite easy to drop multihit physical damage down to the single digits.
There are a good amount of protection against single-hits in the game (Body of Iseip, Bodyguard, Wraithguard/Evasion (working off of the law of small numbers). Counters against multi-hits should be a thing too.
There's a difference between critting for 3 damage with a gun because of a passive that has no counterplay (and gives 80 Rage per attack), and being a counter.

Wraithguard and Evasion are equally effective against both single and multihits, regardless of any poorly applied Wikipedia knowledge.

Yomidori and Ensui are counters against multihits, as are Detective Trenchcoat/Magnetic Shield (for guns).
Ensui is a counter against.. certain multihits. It does not work against thousand stab and the like. We asked Dev about it before and he went "Why would it?"

This is a gun-bane skill. Guess what? Multi-hit guns were kind of bullshit strong anyways and outclassed single shots in a lot of regards. Especially if, say, it simply happened.

I'm not sure why you're not raging about the 1v1 capability of being able to turn around 100% of the time on an attack and then promptly bullet-reflecting it with Kensei. I mean. I'd feel that's pretty OP.
Because that requires two classes, three passives, at least 50 CEL, a katana with durability, and an otherwise incredibly mediocre stance (at least compared to the other three).

Know No Pain is one passive, with the only requirement being use a 1M skill that gets its cost refunded sometime before the end of your turn.