Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dream Seeker Crashing
I just started playing so I don't know if this a common bug
but I was fighting jammers and I logged out- now whenever I join up the game, dream seeker crashes after loading resources
I tried changing resolutions, disabling/enabling graphics rendering, uninstalling/reinstalling byond, rebooting the pc
Using windows 8

Any advice?

I tried a few other games and there were no issues,
windows does not tell me a reason for the problem either
Revert to a previous version of Byond.

I have no idea why this actually happens, but I've only seen Windows 10/8 respond like this.
[Image: rsz_c1ccb08eb04837ddc6b315f834f7f11a.png]
Not sure where to find an older version of byond
And won't I be required to use the latest stable to join the game?
http://www.byond.com/download/build/

Get a 500+ version and you'll be fine.
I use 506 to connect to Byond/SL2.
[Image: rsz_c1ccb08eb04837ddc6b315f834f7f11a.png]
Yes, if anyone has crash issues, it's related to newer BYOND versions. I recommend downgrading and posting a bug report on the official forums so Lummox can fix it.

EDIT: I made this a sticky just in case anyone else has this issue and wants to know how to fix it.
I downgraded to version 509, the earliest version that will allow you to log in, and am still getting sporadic crashing when attempting to log in or open Laplace.

The average player probably doesn't have enough information to post a coding-related bug report, so what would you recommend we post?
I would recommend you post BYOND crashes on the BYOND forums instead.
Side note this seems to frequently when logging in and at the moment it happens 100% of the time when I open the class skill tab on a new character in the tutorial
for me, it allways fixes up when i update byond but thats just me
[Image: kTbQzUT.png]
It seems that BYOND Beta fixes this issue.

EDIT: Change from Beta/Stable depending of whatever problems you're having. Crashes, Stability, Weird glitches(White dialogue?) Just change between them. Editing this for anyone seeing this thread.