Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ranylyn's reasoning: BW Tweak.
"[url=http://neus-projects.net/viewtopic.php?p=1268#p1268 Wrote:Lolzytripd » Fri Nov 28, 2014 1:11 pm[/url]"]perhaps just reduce tome weight then....

If we did that, people will argue they're too powerful still with no drawback, despite not having an expertise, and no custom part slots, or even interesting material types. I say at the least to make it fair, reduce what they can do and create new possibilities for them as weapons, instead of making all tomes a one trick pony. Starting with weight reduction (even if sacrificing power) for that means it fits your BW better, and is more available for changes. But first thing's first is their BW problem.

Splitting Spell Power in half by their Power/2 isn't bad either. You can get an 11 with +6 to tomes via blacksmithing. That's still an extra 5, and some innates from Evoker give only that. Plus, with a +2 to power via quality, that's 13, for a total of +6. With Kigal, at max, it's +12, and for the Magical Sun at max with Divine, that's still +15 to spell power. It's more than enough and makes them less powerful so they're open to changes like weight reduction, and new modifications, like page types, or custom parts.

But again, the main thing right now is how they function with BW and how they're unforgiving to classes who don't get STR.

Also, I like Sly's idea about the 10 BW minimum at the start stacked onto your STR stat.
Quote:OOC Devourer Of Souls: I did literally nothing and have never played YGO in my life.
OOC Black Chaos X: OOC Devourer Of Souls: no one activated zera ritual
OOC Blissey: HHHAHAHAAA
OOC Devourer Of Souls: That's fake.

Tengen Toppa [Image: 2zolp55.jpg] !!!
While we're on the topic of BW, I'd like to bring up some things where BW can (and should) apply to.

To my understanding, there's a few abilities that are dependent upon weight or equipment to maximize damage/crit/whatever, such as Board Shaker, Fitting Form, Pure Power, etc.

What I suggest is that instead of providing their bonuses based upon weight of equipment or what equipment you have on, have it based upon the % of total BW you have taken up, so it rewards heavier classes for having closer to the maximum BW and punishes lighter classes for having higher BW.

This will provide some neat ways to work around the BW system, and result in a shake-up of the meta.