Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Enchantments!- Rare Monster Set
Please not this suggestion is not nearly finished though it is still easy to visualize, and open to even more suggestions on the topic. Further adjustments will be made as I look more into the aspect of the game that then enchantments are based on.

Don't you guys know how there are rare enemies that have special permanent status effects? Like Rock-Solid, Raging or Sturdy. I was thinking. Wow, with some slight tweaks, most of those status would make perfect item enchantments.

As I bump into more of the enemies referenced, I will post my suggestion ideas.
Obtaining these rare enchants:Kill a boss monster with the enchant. The drop should have a decent chance, I'm thinking something like 50% considering that it;s a bit rare to find special boss enemies.

Diamond(Armor): +3 Def & +3 Res.
Received from Mystical Diamond item

SturdySadArmor?): Voids all damage that leaves the wearer's hp below 2%hp once per battle.
Received from Turtle God's Shell

More to come.
[Image: latest?cb=20150618145649]
Vampiric (Weapon): 10% of damage you deal from all sources is returned to you as HP. (includes autohits and spells, and stacks with basic attacks with impalers/bloody fangs/etc.)
Received from Locus of Blood item.

Floating (Boots): Grants 25% Earth resistance and prevents the wearer from triggering tile effects. (ice sheets, cinders, rogue traps, random pits, etc.)
Received from Floating Wing item. (so wing for boots, feather for weapons.)

Arcane (Weapon): Grants the wielder +5 WIL and causes their basic attacks to deal Magickal damage. (targets RES instead of DEF)
Received from Arcane Sigil item.
no we don't need more free resists without downsides like an enchant just giving a 25% RESIST
I agree to agree to disagree on that 25% earth resistance. The other effect alone would be somewhat OP also. That enchant would become a must have for pvp, and nullify alot of skill effects.

The other two however. I like, though I dont know if the arcane sigil effects would be OP maybe without the WIL boost considering that it would still work like a physical attack only using magic for its damage type.
[Image: latest?cb=20150618145649]
Maniac
This monster is completely crazy, giving it +5 STR and an immunity to Fear.
Take this as you will.
The +5 WIL is to make mages like it too. Their tomes already
deal magick damage, so it's not a benefit to them without an
extra thing. Melees get some FP from it, too.
Raging: This monster is determined to cause some pain, giving it +5 STR and +X Hit, where X is equal to its Level.
Update:

Floating (Boots): Nullifies any Earth weakness the wearer might possess, but does not provide any Earth resistance. Also prevents the wearer from triggering ground-based hazards. (cinders, ice sheets, Rogue traps, etc.)
Received from Floating Wing item. (Good for Papilions and people who use Talvyd, without being overpowering and making Magaisendo irrelevant.)

Manic (Weapon): Wielder gains +2 STR and an immunity to Fear.
Received from Insanity Stone item.

Raging (Weapon): Wielder gains +2 STR and a bonus to Hit equal to 1/4 of their Level. (max. +15 hit at Lv. 60)
Received from Rage Rune item.

Hunting (Weapon): Wielder gains +1 Move, and their critical hits with this weapon inflict Hunted status on the target for 2 rounds. (Hunted LV = wielder's Level/4)
Received from Hunter's Carving item.

Assassinating (Hands): Wielder gains +5 Hit and a bonus to Critical chance equal to 1/4 of their Level. (max. +15 at Lv. 60)
Received from Hidden Blade item. (very thematic to place on Rogue's Work Gloves!)