Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
...But I'm Not A Wrapper
This is a two-part suggestion to bring a little more sense, balance, and variety to the currently stale armor meta.

1. An armor's defense should apply against attacks by guns (divided by rounds). This makes high-defense armors better at actually reducing physical damage.

2. Half of an armor's magical protection should be used for status resistance. This makes high-protection armors better at actually defending against magic.

I don't really have the time to give more detailed reasons why, but I'm sure someone else does.
I like this idea, it brings a sense of variety to a whole bunch of armors in that sense, other than equipping armors purely for utility (Mayelia, Armor of Eyes, Greenscale tunic) it instead brings new forms of defense for the other armors as well that just flat out have high defensive numbers, +1

It also makes sense, because while a bullet hurts a lot, getting through hardy people quite easily, there are ways to prevent them from getting through or hurting as much as well, in the form of bullet vests and stuff, so these big metal sheets of armor not halting a bullet whatsoever kinda doesn't make sense either.
I completely agree to this as well, though, my oppinion is usually invalidated by someone, somehow. I still say this is a great idea.
OOC Devourer Of Souls: it makes me feel like someone slipped me acid laced water