Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Great Reckoning Discussion
I agree with Spooks, clarity over fanciness is always good in a /game/.

If not, have a window specifically for stat distribution (with everything except the new font because god bless--) and the other for character info that has the base stats, bonuses and total. With some space for the profile management.

I love the upgrades you did ((Not so much in some, because nobody's ever satisfied with something, y'know.)) but hey, we're still in SL2! Hold your machinegun fingers--
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
I would rather see an option for whether you'd like to see a simple interface or a stylized interface in-game, rather than just throw out the new look. The only issue I've ever had with the interface and text is a few numbers, and I like the personality the new interface is sporting. The old one, while simple and completely clear, got rather plain and boring after a while.

Aside from that, people not being quite adjusted to things yet and the usual salt getting passed around a little too early, I've been pleasantly surprised by what I've been able to deal with so far, and I'm looking forward to the remaining additions.

....However, there are a few things I feel to mention:

-Gigantys should get a STR scaling significantly higher than 100%. Yes, it's a 10*, but it also limits normal attack to a once-per-turn deal (outside of one specific scenario), and with the upcoming additions to BW for other equipment, that weight is going to be a lot more worrisome to even the max STR builds.

(P.S. I have no problem with other equipment contibuting to BW. To be honest, BW never really posed much of a threat to anyone but low-level mages, and even then, the penalties didn't really bother them until much later on, when they would've had enough STR to handle the tomes and all)

-After testing around with 3 points per level, I've found the stat spreads to be quite limiting. Some builds could work well, but I've seen plenty of others that have been either strangled by the 180-point limit, or end up just flat-out impossible. Even with the builds that work, there's so many dumped stats that there is almost no flexibility, and some of them make me question if they can actually survive PvE. That all being said, I think we should take a look at 4 stats per level in the upcoming edition, and see if that does the trick or not.

-As mentioned plenty of times, players can now see and examine all equipment that any other character put on, in complete detail and without restriction. I have seen almost no one that isn't bothered by this change, and for good reason: This opens up a lot of potential for stupid things like 'i'm going to put on these nihilists because I can see a red letter on you, even though it's completely hidden from my viewpoint and there's no way I can sense it in any manner'. And guess what? There's no way to enforce people to not do that, and even doing so would require complete attention on a GM's part. Not to mention the potential for people to once again exclude others just because they have X on, like how people used to exclude Setsuna users and call it metagame to use something that is made for the specific purpose of getting information on your opponent.

But anyways. I think it would be a good idea to limit the ability to see another's equipment. Perhaps make it only show the names (not the icons), and when clicked on, provide a description that's given by the player.

-Due to the old character interface hosting the racial skills list-- something that wasn't copied over to the new interface-- there is currently no way to read racial skills that don't show up on the class board's skill list. The only way to see what these skills do is to read them off on the race board at the very start. I'm hoping this will be rectified in the coming additions, perhaps as a part of a newer class board, if that's even happening.

Beyond that, though, keep up the good work!
[Image: a2794117f3.png]
[12:53:15 AM] Chaos: don't hit dyst
[12:53:18 AM] Chaos: that's cruelty to animals
[12:53:20 AM] Chaos: you have to shoot it
[12:53:20 AM] Dystopia: ye
I agree with chaos's oponion here

with stats a 3 is too low, 4 or 5 would be ideal 4.5 would be best imo ( level 2 4 points, lvl 3 5 points,repeating)
"Lolzytripd" Wrote:I agree with chaos's oponion here

with stats a 3 is too low, 4 or 5 would be ideal 4.5 would be best imo ( level 2 4 points, lvl 3 5 points,repeating)

I'm going to give an outright no to 5 or 4.5.

The three builds I tested worked just fine at 3. If we were allowed to have 5 per, I could have every stat, baseline, at 32 points each. Not including racials, or other modifiers involved. That isn't good.

This system makes you have to 'choose'. You want to be a glass cannon murderer? Okay, but you lose the ability to survive a hit. You want to be super tank? Okay, you lose the ability to deal good damage. Having more than 3 gets rid of this aspect and lets the glasscannons have health and other stats, and allows the super tanks to have an offensive stat (or if they use earth/def/res scaling attacks.. they already get to use that). I'd go with an increment of 0.5 upgrades for right now.

Let's have the next test be at 3.5 instead of outrageous numbers like having a character with every stat (besides aptitude, which is at 80) at the soft cap. That isn't making choices, that's making everyone have a cookie cutter build because what else are they going to put stats into.
I second Rendar when it comes to more than 3 per. I originally wanted 4 per level as well, but I realized that not having to choose was going to be a huge issue within the meta. Some level of stringency is necessary.
[Image: Y8FFQj7.jpg]
^Mercala's Favorite Apparently
[Image: To2mAPS.png](heh)
There's a substantial difference between having to choose your strengths and being literally vegetable tier at everything else. 4 is necessary. I shouldn't have to have less than five points in the majority of the stats because I want to be able to land hits on people with marginal dodge, occasionally crit, and not deal piss poor damage.
I'd think that if the stats per level were raised, the soft cap should be bumped up as well.

Higher stats plus a low cap means more cookie-cutter builds because people want more bang for their point-buck. Higher stats with a higher cap means that you can be better at more, but jacks of all trades won't catch up with the more specialized.
my main issue with 3-4 personally is

basically any good character thatcan do pve reasonably well (that isn't a mage)

has average 4+ stats per level currently due to style blending and lady luck or just releveling until happy.

thats with the current system

the new system adds 3 additional stats to play with. So going down to 3 stats, THE ABSOLUTE MINIMUM that the unluckiest bastard had to deal with the current system, is just too low for how the rest of the game is balanced.
Most stats are more worth while now Lolzy as was tested, So think of 35-40 as the new 60 pretty much.

However, 3.5 as a test would be nice, if only as a test, I believe I suggested 3 from lvls 1-30 and 4 from lvls 31-60 to make it easier to implement.
yeah my opinion might change next test, I was unable to connect to it due to being on vacation

but if stats being lower is the new norm, well I hope monsters get the nerf bat