Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lupine Racial Passive
I kind of like the lupine passives where they are, but I'm not opposed to any changes either.
Alright, a more serious post now. I think they should receive a howl that inflicts a medium 'Hunted LV (5+10% Scaled SAN)' on all enemies in a 2 square circle range around them, and inflict Fear.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
"Snake" Wrote:Alright, a more serious post now. I think they should receive a howl that inflicts a medium 'Hunted LV (5+10% Scaled SAN)' on all enemies in a 2 square circle range around them, and inflict Fear.

I can 100% get behind by this suggestion. Not too fond of the circle range but if it's an AoE that hits all with I can go for it (and possibly making it somewhat costly 20-30 FP, 25-(1+(Scaled San/10)) preferably. I would probably incorporate a small cooldown and make it take up a Skill Point Slot. The only last question would be how much Momentum would it drain (2 or 3)? I would be in favor of 2 but anything above 3 would be overkill.
Also Known As:
Exxy Izzy
4M should be the minimum for this because AoE fear/hunted debuffs for the next 3 rounds are neat enough. No cooldown needed, that'd be silly. No racials (Phenex Revive/Lunatism aside) should have CDs.
Alright, so no Cooldown. Still a bit torn on the Momentum costs, maybe give it 4M typically and a conditional that knocks it down to 3? Possibly tie it into Instinct's effect to where at 50% it lowers to 3M or something?

EDIT: Suppose it was changed to be unable to use when Silenced and from an AoE that was based centered around the Lupine to a semi-conical-direction, would that possibly make it a bit more 3M-worthy? X_X See picture that will be edited in for reference.

Black tiles reference the origin/causer:
[Image: cae54e64d1854a1d9bf3d810d56b6c4e.png]
Also Known As:
Exxy Izzy
I was thinking the first one, yeah. That AoE. And 'chabooski', that's how a Lupine AoE "Hunting Howl" that inflicts Fear/Hunted should be.

It's not 'op' since both inflictions affect only between the user and the target. (Fear is hit debuff towards source, Hunted is damage amplification from source.)

And it has 'melee' range, making the Lupine in question either 'hunt' after the prey to inflict them in mano-a-mano range, or get a slight advantage while surrounded by foes.

Also, why the whole 'needs to be 3M pls'?
First, it's an AoE debuff that won't cost much, targets multiple foes, inflicts Fear/Hunted within (Stat Inflict %) chance.
Having it at 3M would make a Lupine able to spam it every single time they have a chance, or in Fleur situations. (Crit -> Howl -> Crit, repeat endlessly for an infinite debuff.) Or worse, simply 'try again' if their Inflict chance fails them. A Lupine howling twice for the sake of game mechanics would be SILLY in game, yeah. :V That's why I insist 4M instead of 3M. To prevent spam, and to prevent people whining.
I would much rather see a higher FP cost -or- a Conditional that goes "in certain instance, you save 1M from using this skill" than an outright Momentum bump to this. Why? Show me the list of skills that are used at 4M and -still- viable, if there are more than 4 I'll cease all argument to make this 3M to some effect. Anyway. . .

Maybe something like: If an enemy has moved away from the caster (either through Move or other methods, see: Repel/Geldoren/Etc) after being hit recently (think of a claret call type effect), then the cost of the Skill drops from 4M to 3M and has a % chance (based on SAN in some equation) to be afflicted with the status debuffs outside of the range of the skill (see how Sun Flare from Monk works for reference).
Also Known As:
Exxy Izzy
Too much special conditions to something simple, I'll give your 'I'll cease all argument' back by saying: 'Which racial skill is complicated to use?'

Reviewing my idea of a Lupine Racial, I want it to behave like Howl and Haunt from a Bargheist (not sure if it's spelled like this-), but in an AoE of
[Image: bc208b57c6294329a3dea4c49daa261a.png]

That will cost 4M because:
1- It inflicts Fear and Hunted, two debuffs, two. And I don't want one guy to be like, 'Shukuchi' -> 'Move' -> 'Howl' for a free infliction like Hexers do.

2- AoE, can hit multiple foes and literally flood the screen with 'Enemy X is inflicted with Fear'/'Enemy X is inflicted with Hunted'.

3- You can simply walk to people and go 'bark' on their faces to debuff, next turn you deliver a rain of damage, and then again on the next round, since they last for 3 rounds after the cast. If not, 'bark' at them on point blank then chain a crit, and have 3 full rounds of increased damage.
(Another scenario I can imagine is a Martial Artist Lupine: Howl -> Terra Strike for massive damage. 4M + 3M = 7M, just fine.)

4- I don't want Lupines spamming their 'barks' if they commit the mistake of failing to inflict one of the debuffs on people. As I said, both mechanically and 'ICly', that would be silly. 4M to make a pseudo 'only usable once per round'.

5- Hexer Lupines, I won't even say why. Maybe for a call that falls? Or a fall that CALLS?...

6- I want it to be something simple to be implemented. Or else it won't be implemented at ALL. Then 'IF' it is implemented, we see if 4M was or not a mistake, and chablam, we bring back to Balance Fu to set it to 3M. Yes, 'we', buddy.

(And no, I'm not going to fight over this, just give my opinion and reasoning, thanks.)
Fair enough, buddy. I'll succeed to it (assuming it gets passed) being 4M static.
Also Known As:
Exxy Izzy