Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lore Questions: August (2016)
Where do bleached horns come from? Do they come from an animal, or actual zerans?
With religion being touched upon more in the recent updates; perfect time to ask about at least one of them!

Let's begin with Helondis, the patron of the Phenex's:

1) Does Helondis' religion have a specific namesake for its followers? I.e, Followers of Mercala are Mercalan's.
2) Is the religion based around Helondis organized to any extent?
3) Are there any values that Helondis' religion focuses on, other then Rebirth? Obviously it is a religion focused upon Helondis and his return, but is there any guide-lines of a type dictating how followers should act? I.e, Mercalan's are to not miss-use her magic/not use it irresponsibly.
4) What does Helondis himself value, or what is assumed that he valued? Was he a warrior God of a type, proud and ready for battle? A Guardian of his people?
[Image: PersonalNecessaryArmyworm-size_restricted.gif]
Dyrnwyn, ERUPT, and IGNITE!
The wiki says Oniga pays homage to protective spirits like Seiryuu. Does that mean that there are multiples of Seiryuu/Byakko (i.e. they're a type of protective spirit/youkai)? Or are they singular, and there are multiples for gameplay purposes. Sorry if this has been asked before.
I'm not entirely sure if this has been touched on before, but the monk has access to Body of Isesip, and during those brief moments where it is active, I have to ask: How durable are they? Can they withstand any singular blow in the known universe, or is there a threshold that we haven't reached yet in gameplay that IC'ly would shatter right through it in a single strike?
They of few characters, and fewer posts.
Magic Question:

If a Lantern Bearer works by binding elementals to a lantern, does Phoenix actually count as Mercalan magic? (I mean, it's listed as Mercalan Domain, sure, but that's mechanical.) What is the Church's view on non-magical accelerated healing methods such as Ki?
*loud burp*
Not sure if these have been answered yet, but seeing as they are a Plant Based raced, opposed to any sort of animal, I figured I should ask about Doriads.

Quote:Are they timeless much like elves, or do they die at all from age or other means like maybe their forest dying?

Can they naturally smell like flowers, fruits or vegetables? Any sort of plant-like substance?

Are bodily fluids such as blood like normal peoples, or is it in any way sap-like, like you'd expect it to be a more orangey color or a syrup-like texture?

Is their skin able to have green coloration or tinted? This would naturally help them going by RL biology since the more green a plant is, the better it tends to be at photosynthesis.

Is their skin more leafy in texture or like normal people's? Same with their hair, Maybe their skin has less elasticity due to the cellulose plants have?

Are Doriads able to create others of their race by methods similar to plants? Spewing out seeds after pollenation. Or are the able to create children like literally every other race? Or just not at all?

Are Doriads able to have plant-like structures form permanently or temporarily on their bodies? Say leaves, flowers, vines, bark, fruits? Or even roots at their feet? As well is it possible instead of Hair, they have something more akin the blades of grass leaves?

Do insects and bugs ever mistake them for actual plants?

Can they communicate with plants consciously? Say they can hear the 'feelings and thoughts' of plants if such a thing exists, and can speak to them as well?

Can a Doriad actually create things such as berries or the like to help someone else eat, if needed?

Now something off-topic from my Doriad questions.

Quote:If Someone is loyal to their God, and are of that god's 'chosen' race, can they have mores similar to their deity? Especially if they focus on what their race is 'supposed' to be stat wise good with? Say for example Glykin and Hyattr about to get reptilian horns and tails, The beast races getting sharper claws and maybe more fur. (Perhaps feathers in corbie's case...) Or can races have varying intensity of traits, perhaps determined by some 'blood purity' factor or parents devotion to their Gods?

Is Iahsus really a giant demon firefly in the sky, using it's butt-glows to communicate with it's children? COnsidering you can play off Umbrals as moths whom at night are often silvery or gray in color and have patterns on them, Papillions are butterflies and Shaitans carapace seems more beetle-like than anything else. There's also that fact that the Black Door natives, Spatials--- have two forms (Ravager and Terror) That look rather bug-like.
"Spoops" Wrote:1) Is something like blood magic too foreign of a concept for Sigrogana? For example, a ghost/hexer with access to abilities like Painproof, red rain, rebound, Endurance and curses a mage being able to control his or her own blood for a bit more of a sadistic route to his or her actions.

1a) If the last question wasn't completely shut down, what would be the furthest extent of this magic you'd say is RP'able? What kind of IC actions would this take on the user?

1b) Can a Glykin possibly do all this?

1) You don't really describe blood magic in much detail so it's hard to give this one an answer. Blood is more often used in the occult than the arcane, but blood itself has some magical uses because it contains focus. It's seen as unethical, however, and so blood 'magic' isn't really developed.

"Blissey" Wrote:So, this may sound a bit specific, so feel free not to answer -- but I'll give it a shot.

How difficult is it to meet with the Voice?
Is the Voice human, or any other race? Maybe an Elf? I can't remember if this was answered.
When the Voice isn't possessed by Mercala, how is she like? Naturally, she would have her own personality -- or perhaps she is a singular being with Mercala's own personality?

1) As in a private meeting? Pretty difficult depending on your standing. She speaks fairly often in public, though.
2) She is the same race as Ashe.
3) Adena has her own personality, yes. Many who have met her describe her as kind and compassionate.

"Snake" Wrote:Visual questions:
1- Are 'Arcane Eyes' a possible thing to have in the world of Sigrogana? (Magic Eyes can be really variant and personal. As for an example, lets say a extremely rare ocular ability that enhances your vision while shifting your eye colors and making you able to see in the dark.)

Another not particularly descriptive question. If you're talking about TYPE-MOON 'Mystic Eyes' sorts of things, no. Like most things, it is possibly to enchant your eyes to enhance their abilities/etc.

"Spoops" Wrote:I'm asking this one because I don't think anyone has before.

Does the mage's guild have some sort of identification system going? Whether it's based on magic or if they force hooded people to lower their hood before teleporting them, so say if they were a wanted criminal and were hooded.

For teleportation? They usually cooperate with the law of the location they are stationed in, and will keep an eye out and prevent people they've been made aware of as persons-of-interest from teleporting. This extends on a more universal level with people of special interest to the Mage's Guild, for example, known abusers, people who have wronged the Guild in some way, and so on. Otherwise, no.

"noblekame" Wrote:I'm not sure if this was asked ever but just to check, do angels exist in the lore of Sigrogana, and if so is it possible for mortals to become one?

Angels and demons are said to exist but very rarely, if ever, is this substantiated. A specific, rare species of Kaelensia called Herons are known to have angel-like qualities, because they have white wings, and are said to live in the clouds.

"Shujin" Wrote:1.) Let assume A vampire feeds on anther vampire, no matter if it´s a taboo.
I know their blood isn´t what gives them their powers, but the essence they gain from it, and create their own blood this way. But when a vampy feeds on another Vampire shouldn´t they also feed on their essence? Mechanically that doesn´t happen, but ICly? Else it would kinda be possible to create endless essence from two vampires sucking each other.

1.B)
If they don´t drain essence, what exactly happens then since I don´t believe that they can create infinite essence like that. Whats the reason why it´s taboo for them when it has no downsides? If it has downsides, what are those?(Besides that its cannabalism)

2.)
There is this lore bubble about Rumors of the Emporer being an half-elf cause of his long life span. Does that mean that there are known cases of Half-elf/Half humans that grow far older than the normal human lifespan, even when the human side is dominant? Is this the case?

1) The blood of a vampire doesn't contain focus, which is why they have to get it from other places, namely the blood of others. Even if it did, you wouldn't be able to create endless essence via entropy.
1B) It's taboo because it treats vampires, who are seen as a higher existence, on the level of mortals, which they prey on. And because it's entirely pointless, so doing so just makes it look like your vampire is insane and probably worth putting down lest they draw unwanted attention.
2) Half elves are sort of a thing, but it's said in general that elf blood in your lineage can lead to longer than normal life.

"Blissey" Wrote:Dumb question alert, but please answer it anyway:

Does Sigrogana, as in the planet, have a moon? Moons? Does it -- or they -- have normal phases or lackthereof?

It can be difficult to tell because of Iahsus but Sigrogana does have a moon, yes. It has normal phases.

"Sarah54321" Wrote:Where do bleached horns come from? Do they come from an animal, or actual zerans?

No specific source. They can be animal horns or actual Zeran horns. It's not like Zeran society shuns things that.

"Stenzio" Wrote:With religion being touched upon more in the recent updates; perfect time to ask about at least one of them!

Let's begin with Helondis, the patron of the Phenex's:

1) Does Helondis' religion have a specific namesake for its followers? I.e, Followers of Mercala are Mercalan's.
2) Is the religion based around Helondis organized to any extent?
3) Are there any values that Helondis' religion focuses on, other then Rebirth? Obviously it is a religion focused upon Helondis and his return, but is there any guide-lines of a type dictating how followers should act? I.e, Mercalan's are to not miss-use her magic/not use it irresponsibly.
4) What does Helondis himself value, or what is assumed that he valued? Was he a warrior God of a type, proud and ready for battle? A Guardian of his people?

1) It's called the Cycle Doctrine. You can call them cyclers, ashers, things of that nature.
2) Not nearly as much as the Mercalan faith, but most Phenex tend to follow it.
3) It's heavily philosophical and so followers try to see the bright side to all things, or the necessity of them. But since they aren't mobilized or do charity efforts like the Mercalans, not particularly.
4) No one really knows, but we can assume if it's true that he left Egwyn to avoid burning it down, that he values nature/the life of others, at least Kaelensia. He also seems to value the idea of not getting pushed around. But like most things with Gods who can't speak for themselves (at least currently), a lot of what we know about them is interpretations from what they did when they were around.

"nico" Wrote:The wiki says Oniga pays homage to protective spirits like Seiryuu. Does that mean that there are multiples of Seiryuu/Byakko (i.e. they're a type of protective spirit/youkai)? Or are they singular, and there are multiples for gameplay purposes. Sorry if this has been asked before.

Seiryuu/Byakko aren't unique spirits, no, but they are seen as protective spirits, particularly on Oniga.

"Ninjahzzzz" Wrote:I'm not entirely sure if this has been touched on before, but the monk has access to Body of Isesip, and during those brief moments where it is active, I have to ask: How durable are they? Can they withstand any singular blow in the known universe, or is there a threshold that we haven't reached yet in gameplay that IC'ly would shatter right through it in a single strike?

As durable as reflected in battle, for the most part, but they aren't totally invincible to everything. ()Obviously I can't hash out every possible scenario here.)

"Ranylyn" Wrote:Magic Question:

If a Lantern Bearer works by binding elementals to a lantern, does Phoenix actually count as Mercalan magic? (I mean, it's listed as Mercalan Domain, sure, but that's mechanical.) What is the Church's view on non-magical accelerated healing methods such as Ki?

Pseudoelementals, and yes, Mercala tends to have domain over most magic that heals wounds as a rule. I'm sure if you asked the Church if it counts, they'd say yes. As for Ki, that's more of a spiritual healing that is not as potent nor as widespread as Mercalan magic, so it doesn't count.

"Vyktoryah" Wrote:Not sure if these have been answered yet, but seeing as they are a Plant Based raced, opposed to any sort of animal, I figured I should ask about Doriads.

Quote:Are they timeless much like elves, or do they die at all from age or other means like maybe their forest dying?

Can they naturally smell like flowers, fruits or vegetables? Any sort of plant-like substance?

Are bodily fluids such as blood like normal peoples, or is it in any way sap-like, like you'd expect it to be a more orangey color or a syrup-like texture?

Is their skin able to have green coloration or tinted? This would naturally help them going by RL biology since the more green a plant is, the better it tends to be at photosynthesis.

Is their skin more leafy in texture or like normal people's? Same with their hair, Maybe their skin has less elasticity due to the cellulose plants have?

Are Doriads able to create others of their race by methods similar to plants? Spewing out seeds after pollenation. Or are the able to create children like literally every other race? Or just not at all?

Are Doriads able to have plant-like structures form permanently or temporarily on their bodies? Say leaves, flowers, vines, bark, fruits? Or even roots at their feet? As well is it possible instead of Hair, they have something more akin the blades of grass leaves?

Do insects and bugs ever mistake them for actual plants?

Can they communicate with plants consciously? Say they can hear the 'feelings and thoughts' of plants if such a thing exists, and can speak to them as well?

Can a Doriad actually create things such as berries or the like to help someone else eat, if needed?

Now something off-topic from my Doriad questions.

Quote:If Someone is loyal to their God, and are of that god's 'chosen' race, can they have mores similar to their deity? Especially if they focus on what their race is 'supposed' to be stat wise good with? Say for example Glykin and Hyattr about to get reptilian horns and tails, The beast races getting sharper claws and maybe more fur. (Perhaps feathers in corbie's case...) Or can races have varying intensity of traits, perhaps determined by some 'blood purity' factor or parents devotion to their Gods?

Is Iahsus really a giant demon firefly in the sky, using it's butt-glows to communicate with it's children? COnsidering you can play off Umbrals as moths whom at night are often silvery or gray in color and have patterns on them, Papillions are butterflies and Shaitans carapace seems more beetle-like than anything else. There's also that fact that the Black Door natives, Spatials--- have two forms (Ravager and Terror) That look rather bug-like.

1) Doriads are much like elves in that they don't succumb to old age.
2) Sure.
3) They have normal people blood.
4) Not Doriads, no.
5) They have normal people skin. Hair I am less picky about, as long as it's mostly human.
6) No. Doriads cannot reproduce at all.
7) Maybe things like a leaf or flower in small doses. Fruits, bark, no. Roots, no. Grass hair, no. Remember that Doriads are spirits of nature created in the image of mortals, so they are mostly of that image. It is possible they have some permanent nature aspect tied to them, for example a flower in their hair, but as with many things, subtlety is key.
8) I guess?
9) Yes, though keep in mind the feelings and thoughts of plants would be something self-contained. They don't have eyes or ears, and so on. They can't tell you they saw someone running this way, but they might be able to tell you if someone stepped on them as they ran by. I also wouldn't count things like grass as plants that can do this; it'd have to be something with a bigger 'identity' like a flower or a tree. Talking to grass would probably be like trying to have a discussion with 10,000 simple-minded people at once, you wouldn't be able to hear a thing and if you could it'd be completely useless.
10) They can help promote a plant that can do so, but that's about it, and it does take some focus.

11) God worship doesn't have anything to do with your appearance, so no.
12) There are plenty of theories you could make about what Iahsus is but I'm not about to confirm or deny them in this topic.