Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Regarding Romek Pt. 2
http://puu.sh/qDJZX/59e7fe9ed4.webm

I'll leave this here for the few who believe that the logs shared were somehow tampered with or falsified. As for Cerrik, there were many attempts to keep this private (several players asking in civil manner to reveal the truth; She denied each of them and said she'd 'let things unfold as they do.' ) until I was forced to share them as evidence with Chaos. When he decided that they were inconsequential to his decision, that is when I shared it and the entirety of my conversation with him with others to gain the momentum needed (along with Egil's provided logs which shed additional light) to make this a reality.
"The truth is you're the weak. And I'm the tyranny of evil men. But I'm tryin', Ringo. I'm tryin' real hard to be the shepherd."
"Exxy" Wrote:As for Sarah's reason(s), it is shitty and shouldn't be ignored, yes. But the action was IC and the consequences on both parties are IC.

This.

If in the end it boiled down ICly, it's IC. If 'someone' was smart enough to notice the ill-intent and tried to omit it BEFORE getting jailed and seeing he done goofed because this game has no RP guidelines? This could have been something else.

I'm still not going to eat Sarah's words about 'oh i did dis becos am evil and me wants rok ded, lol'.

I'm pretty sure something else (real life, for example. we're not static programs in a computer, we're humans.) caused her to get stressed and forced herself to be a pushover and make up this whole 'I did 4 fern' thing. And she's self-conscious enough to know how much it weights killing someone's main char. (No matter how shit they are, they already rooted into the SL2 world.)

Romek was a bitch to Delphia? Yes.
When was the last time they interacted? When he showered her in bullets while she was down and got jailed for an OOC month. Since then I never saw them even looking at each other or even talking. What was her true intention with this? Who told her '''''''''Romek had concrete OOC plans to kill Delphia''''''''' (according to Egil, this was pure bullshit lies made by someone) to trigger her? (WHOEVER DID THIS MUST BE THE REAL CULPRIT OF THIS SHIT.) But hey, nobody will ever know. *Insert Illuminati theme*
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
And PS: I'm laughing @ someone signing for me, remember I'm a BR guys! huehuehuehuehuehue.

[Image: 1dceae13f691414e829727cf17577ae1.png]

PS² at the video: I'm half of the community with my alts.
I suppose its time I throw in my thoughts as well. I apologize first and foremost to my previous posts, they were satirical in nature to see if anyone would actually think it was serious.

I signed the petition but apparently need a twitter/facebook account for my account name to appear? Either way, it won't change the fact that I support that SL2 is in dire need of change rather than continuing the status quo of claiming things to be someones 'salty' outburst.

It is also also extremely disappointing to see that rather than discussing the problems that the petition is trying to address, people are resorting to playing the numbers game and pointing out the fake signatures. I can't deny nor confirm that someone is going out their way to sabotage the whole ordeal, but it seems to be the case as its working tremendously in their favor of getting people to doubt the 'validity' of the petition.

I feel that the point is being missed entirely if people are focusing so deeply on the number of signatures rather than the real issue we have here regarding metagaming and favoritism.

- One thing is for certain, and I'll push for -- Its ridiculously easy to claim someone is a slanderer or troll when we make a suggestion easily misinterpreted into the words of madness or them being 'salty'.

I ask the SL2 community who think nothing is wrong and everyone is blowing things out of proportion. Are all these people claiming otherwise wrong? Are the people who post that SL2 requiring some change all just trolls and salty dogs?

Of course the easiest answer or maybe the most disheartening one is to just say that all these posts were made by one person rather than different voices. Claiming that everyone is wrong is always an option after all.
[Image: tenor.gif]
"Nuclear" Wrote:http://puu.sh/qDJZX/59e7fe9ed4.webm

I'll leave this here for the few who believe that the logs shared were somehow tampered with or falsified. As for Cerrik, there were many attempts to keep this private (several players asking in civil manner to reveal the truth; She denied each of them and said she'd 'let things unfold as they do.' ) until I was forced to share them as evidence with Chaos. When he decided that they were inconsequential to his decision, that is when I shared it and the entirety of my conversation with him with others to gain the momentum needed (along with Egil's provided logs which shed additional light) to make this a reality.

Even if my choice of words are 'appalling' and I completely disagree with them being shared, I'm not particularly upset at you for sharing them. I see the logic behind it and I can't argue with it. In my shoes, I would not have shared them but I don't hold people to my rules, either. Unfortunately, the discredit doesn't come from you sharing the logs, it's the way a handful of people handled it once they obtained those logs.
As, per request, I'm confirming my signature on the petition to be mine. Since people are forging them already, anyways.
I'm in the same vein as Floofie, so I won't be re-hashing everything she said. I've just been trying to stay out of the way for most of it.
But everything that happened was wrong, and heck, if Dev can't see that? Well, it won't be different from normal, I suppose.
But, things've been wrong in SL2 for awhile. Being an oldie, there was a point in time where this wasn't prevalent and I know it, and more or less? people want to go back to that point in time. But knowing we can't, we just want the game to recover to a somewhat playable mess that it used to be. Right now? It's practically unplayable already. I've only stayed back for as long as I have because this game did help me make my best friends and my boyfriend. But that was the product of finding the diamonds in the rough and digging through all the trash, and not because SL2 is a decent game to meet people, RP, and make friends on at it's current point.

And, yes, while signatures were formed by some immature party, you have to look at what we're actually saying. The comments, the confirmed signatures. These should be focused on.
[Image: da4KzKk.png]
As with you, I appreciate your civility with this.

1. There was a lack of foresight about punishments. He should face consequences if what you've said is completely accurate. However, it is *incredibly* easy to forget about NPC guards when in the arena. Multiple accounts of ignorance has been committed (admittedly by myself). I don't think it should be counted as entirely metagaming. Any further information should be exchanged with Dev for mitigation.

2. It doesn't help anyone's case to say "I did X, so that Y could happen" in print.

3. Every action has a consequence. That's something I've accepted after all of this. The players, including TPIQ and Romek, probably should have should have realized this, as well. We're all mature enough (wishful thinking, I know) and know how everything functions.

4. No... no. There's nothing to say to that. At least she waited.

5. Refer back to my first point. Some things were typed out in a rush, not mentioning any punishments for him. That is, if we can prove that he consciously considered the lack of guard presence and exploited that.

P.S. I also mentioned issues of godmodding and potential admin bias.
[Image: 21b2ouq.png]
Smol' intervention here @ Bri and Moo.

Guards didn't define well his arena ban iirc (but he could use some logic here, not try to exploit the wording loophole ICly), in a way he could just call people out of the arena in order to spar. Since they said 'banned from sparring in the arena'.
There's also that.
[Image: 21b2ouq.png]
"Breakaway~totheweird" Wrote:As with you, I appreciate your civility with this.

1. There was a lack of foresight about punishments. He should face consequences if what you've said is completely accurate. However, it is *incredibly* easy to forget about NPC guards when in the arena. Multiple accounts of ignorance has been committed (admittedly by myself). I don't think it should be counted as entirely metagaming. Any further information should be exchanged with Dev for mitigation.

2. It doesn't help anyone's case to say "I did X, so that Y could happen" in print.

3. Every action has a consequence. That's something I've accepted after all of this. The players, including TPIQ and Romek, probably should have should have realized this, as well. We're all mature enough (wishful thinking, I know) and know how everything functions.

4. No... no. There's nothing to say to that. At least she waited.

5. Refer back to my first point. Some things were typed out in a rush, not mentioning any punishments for him. That is, if we can prove that he consciously considered the lack of guard presence and exploited that.

P.S. I also mentioned issues of godmodding and potential admin bias.

*Requotes himself about civility* I'm weird, don't judge me.

1) It's... a bit hard of an argument to have a petition addressing metagaming but wishing for a specific instance to be overlooked by GMs. Any and all metagaming should be handled appropriately, it seems odd to be choosy right now. To quote the petition: "Acknowledgement that majority opinion that aforementioned examples are violations of the game's ruling system, including metagaming." Why is Romek's not being acknowledged, then?

2) It depends on what you're referring to. To solidify my argument: You, Rum, and Megablues should not use the word 'proof' when referring to the logs because they do not provide the proof the petition says it does. To quote the petition: "What Sarah did can be and is considered as blatant metagaming, which is in direct violation of the game's rules, and other roleplaying websites' guidelines. There is also evidence of this player admitting to doing it."

3) I mentioned this in an earlier post and I am not upset at Rum for sharing them, despite disagreeing with it. The discredit solely comes from the handful of people that abused TBIQ for more information.

4) No need to address, just going through the bullets Tongue

5) Being in a rush is forgiveable, but I would say that if you're aware certain arguments were rushed, you should simply make a new petition and reiterate the points you wished to make. I don't believe I have any right to suggest punishments to any player, and I have not thus far, only brought up the discussion of it to a GM so that they could address it between them.