Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Matador - Retaliate
Retaliate is currently dealing dark physical damage instead of dark magical damage despite it's description stating it's unresistable (Meaning, un-RES-able, or ignoring the RES stat).
[Image: GQJ8dCS.png]
[Image: unknown.png]
Unresistable applies to both physical and magical damage.
*loud burp*
"Ranylyn" Wrote:Unresistable applies to both physical and magical damage.
Doesn't unresistable mean ignore RES, though? Like the magic gunner's skills? Doesn't that then mean it's magical damage? I ask because I was confused about it some time ago because I thought unresistable meant it ignored Dark Resistance, but I was corrected by a respectable player that means it only ignored RES. If that's true, doesn't that mean it's supposed to do magical damage since RES defends against magic?

Unless by unresistable it means ignores physical and magical resistances, then sorry for the pointless post.
[Image: GQJ8dCS.png]
[Image: unknown.png]
"Akame" Wrote:
"Ranylyn" Wrote:Unresistable applies to both physical and magical damage.
Doesn't unresistable mean ignore RES, though? Like the magic gunner's skills? Doesn't that then mean it's magical damage? I ask because I was confused about it some time ago because I thought unresistable meant it ignored Dark Resistance, but I was corrected by a respectable player that means it only ignored RES. If that's true, doesn't that mean it's supposed to do magical damage since RES defends against magic?

Unless by unresistable it means ignores physical and magical resistances, then sorry for the pointless post.

Unresistable means neither defense nor resistance (the stats) will reduce the damage taken, nor will armor. The only thing that reduces damage from an unresistable attack -- unless the Great Reckoning changed something I don't know about -- is %elemental resistance. Retaliate with 300 rage as a Matador will always do 300 dark damage, unless they have minus % dark damage from items or effects.

It's really not a pointless post, the wording is ambiguous and implies precisely what you had thought originally at a glance.