Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lore Questions: October (Half Of It, Anyway) (2016)
Are non-Mercana methods of healing, such as alchemy, just as ineffective on Vampires as Mercana is? Or are they ICly somewhat less weakened?

Does someone using Mercana have some sort of magical sense of the degree of the injuries or illness of someone they're healing, or how much said healing is doing? Or are they reliant upon visual or other means to actually diagnose their patient?
[Image: 34838e9c78aaab4cfa3e2dabd2135899.png]
Alright, take two from last month's thread:

What are the Engineer Devices and the Automated Robots sold by Asago made of? What specific parts are necessary for them to function?

Are there any key differences between an Engineer's Devices and Asago's Automated Robots?

Apart from gameplay reasons, why do Engineer Devices break down after a while?

And on a different note:
Do Mechanations, Dullahans and Liches sleep and furthermore, do they dream?
[Image: 95e2774f19.png]
Since Alstalsia is supposed to be Italy/Germany combined, does that mean boxing originated in Alstalsia? (Most of the skills are in German, after all.)

If yes to the above, how is boxing typically seen by the Zerans?

Is boxing a well-known and practiced sport across the globe?

How common is it to see these 'Boxers' outside the rings of their sport?
"Kavoir" Wrote:Alstalsia questions
Can you name some significant cities? A bit about them would be nice but eh. I mean we have regions so there is that.

About what percentage of the Zeran population considers themselves some kind of artist?

Where do humans usually fit in? Just citizens who are discouraged from running for Government?

[Image: 6p4Fwt1.png]

There are some listed in the noble house topic too. That map is incomplete, of course, but I was using it as a reference back when I was working on the noble houses. I realize there are still a few that haven't been finished so hopefully I'll be able to get around to that sometime.

Depends on where they're born, but it's not very uncommon.

Other races are generally accepted but no one likes to see a non-Zeran in high positions, which is why no one on the high council likes having Karen Tyrmela's human husband filling in that house's spot on it.

"Dia Cykes" Wrote:Obviously (its in the name) its easy to assume a large portion of Redtails have a red tail. However is this something genetically locked? Is it even uncommon for a redtail to not have a red tail?

And with that said, among the race, would a redtail without a red tail (if possible) be considered a black sheep or shunned as an ill omen? Are there any societal prejudices there?

Redtails typically have orange to red tails, but they can be different colors, and they can be dyed.

Not especially, although they'd probably get confused with a Kaelensia.

"noblekame" Wrote:So this is a question regarding vampires and the upcoming soul eater class. Since vampires actually feed off essence rather than the blood its self, could a vampire soul eater instead feed off the essence of souls instead of blood?

Edit for another question: If Mercala had her soul eaten, would she technically die?

Only with a special ritual.

Someone 'eating' a god's soul would probably be taken over by that god's soul.

"Banditofdoom" Wrote:This is a question due to the fact i'd love to see this become a thing.

How does Asago handle employment?

Will Asago ever hold employment opportunities?

What are the perks of joining Asago?

Is it possible that Asago will be open to the players to do one day?

1 & 2) Asago has employees from unknown sources; they don't hire common civilians. The only known exception to this is Kanae Kusanagi, the CEO's bodyguard.
3) A fancy suit.
4) No.

"Snake" Wrote:Was messing around the Wiki, then noticed something:

1- What happens to the soul of the target when Vajistra deletes their life and turns them into a zombie-to-become-ash-after? (By erasing the Nairyfian Domain and the Mercalan Domain from the target's semblance) Is it erased along or they just get a free trip to Lazarus?

2- Does Vampires have Mercalan Domain essence into them to keep them in motion? (I'm speculating it would also turn the 'Unliving' [vamps] into ashes for removing whatever soul or curse that keeps them alive, since Mercalan = Life, and Vampires are not Undead, but 'Unliving' according to somewhere I read it. I don't know Huggessoan enough to form a theory, nor I think it is the trick behind the Undead, sooo...)

Then the less bothersome ones:

3- What would you title Kinu as? Like, at first glance, Ashe is known to be 'The Bright Vajistra'... Kinu is known to be? 'Mysterious Thrill-seeker'? 'God Graves Hunter'? or 'Onigan Princess'?

4- How would Kinu be like if she visited the Arena to see two fighters ''sharing'' the same fighting style as her? Would she be easygoing and laugh at the 'Demon Hunters' or just frown upon having her stances so badly imitated?

(All written here is going to the Wiki, ye. Would be better if you wrote there yourself too, I might have done goofed in a few things.)
http://sl2.wikia.com/wiki/Kinu
http://sl2.wikia.com/wiki/Ashe

PS: I'm still Snake, just pls don't die after seeing what I did, 'again'. Heart attacks are not healthy.

1) The soul is separate from the body, so if the body were to be destroyed, it would just go to Lazarus.
2) You sound like you're referring to something that existed in SL1, but there's no such thing as Mercalan Domain essence in SL2.
3) Kinu is more of a would-be god killer, Yuuza is the Onigan Princess.
4) It would probably be like a parent watching their child imitate a shonen anime.

"Raigen.Convict" Wrote:Reguarding Cartigan slipping you can go and MEET REAPERS.

Is travel to Lazarus something the general public would be aware of?

Will Lazarus ever become a playable map?

It's not a secret but it's probably something that the general public really considers.

Maybe in some capacity, at some point.

"Blissey" Wrote:Are there any Mercalan holidays? If so, which days? Months? Or are they just month long?

The birthday of the Voice is commonly celebrated in some fashion, usually by attending a special sermon followed by a public feast in Lispool.

"noblekame" Wrote:A question regarding druids and vampires, are there any druids who are vampires, and how easily do they attune to the elements of nature given they are supposedly 'unnatural'

There aren't any vampire druids. Vampires are unnatural, druids are all about the natural, they just don't mix. They don't have the right temperament.

"Spoops" Wrote:Should someone heal a Vampire with healing magics, such as anything mercalan, would they be able to notice something's amiss when they aren't nearly as affected as anyone else around them by said healing?

Do the Beldam Knights have an emblem? a symbol of some sort? If so what would it look like?

It would probably be noticeable, although there are other reasons that the magic would be less effective. Strong magical resistance, environmental reasons, maybe the priest is having an off-day, wounds that seem more severe than they actually are.

The symbol of the Beldam Knights are two mirror lightning bolts crossing.

"Cat15" Wrote:Are non-Mercana methods of healing, such as alchemy, just as ineffective on Vampires as Mercana is? Or are they ICly somewhat less weakened?

Does someone using Mercana have some sort of magical sense of the degree of the injuries or illness of someone they're healing, or how much said healing is doing? Or are they reliant upon visual or other means to actually diagnose their patient?

They are less effective for the same reason that eating food and other natural sources of focus are; vampires process things differently. Drinking poison, for example, is also less effective for vampires than normal people.

There's no magical sense. You have to use visual cues and information from the patient to know how they're doing.

"Slydria" Wrote:Alright, take two from last month's thread:

What are the Engineer Devices and the Automated Robots sold by Asago made of? What specific parts are necessary for them to function?

Are there any key differences between an Engineer's Devices and Asago's Automated Robots?

Apart from gameplay reasons, why do Engineer Devices break down after a while?

And on a different note:
Do Mechanations, Dullahans and Liches sleep and furthermore, do they dream?

1) Asago's automated machines are strict company secrets, so no one knows how they work. Engineer machines typically have batteries to help them operate.

2) Company secrets.

3) Typically this would be because the battery runs out or because running for so long causes heat damage to various important parts, rendering them useless.

4) They can, although for Dullahans and Liches it's less of a biological process (obviously) and more of a reverie. I imagine all three could be affected by dreams while in a sleep-like state, if just because dreams in SL2 can be caused by magical or spiritual influences.

"MakeshiftWalrus" Wrote:Since Alstalsia is supposed to be Italy/Germany combined, does that mean boxing originated in Alstalsia? (Most of the skills are in German, after all.)

If yes to the above, how is boxing typically seen by the Zerans?

Is boxing a well-known and practiced sport across the globe?

How common is it to see these 'Boxers' outside the rings of their sport?

1) No. Boxing originated in a place called Bellaux, which was a territory of Chaturanga on Sigrogana before the Empire gained control of the entire continent. Bellaux still exists and is not very far from the Arena (although it isn't represented on the map at the moment). Bellaux was always interested in people fighting for sport; the Arena is just one example of this, but fists were always the original weapon of choice. They would fight in arena-like cages, hence the name Boxer.

2) They probably think it's brutish and doesn't have much elegance.

3) Not very. The idea of arena fighting took off more than fist fighting, and using your fists to fight in things like a war doesn't have much value because it isn't feasible; martial arts are most useful in fights with low numbers, and in situations where your enemies aren't covered in armor and/or riding horses.

4) About as common as anything else, really.