Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Open Letter to Dev: Criticism of item-based Class Unlock
Hexer: Requires a Cursed/Doomed weapon. It is impossible to Curse your own weapons. EDIT: I was gone for awhile, didn't know what ritual scrolls did, disregard that statement. Still, though. Point still stands that unlocking hexer at level 20 does take considerable luck or OOC help. To unlock hexer, you either need to GET LUCKY, or to, and hear me out on this, OOCly arrange to borrow items. In an IC game that prohibited twinking using IC as justification.

Boxer: Requires Boxing Gloves. You cannot forge them. NPCs do not sell them. To unlock Boxer, you either need to GET LUCKY, or to, and hear me out on this, OOCly arrange to borrow items. In an IC game that prohibited twinking using IC as justification.

PLEASE. STOP. DOING. THIS. TO. US.

Seriously. Please. Stop. Or if you refuse to stop, at least make the required items purchaseable from NPCs for 50 murai or something, even if it's a dull galdric one or something we'll never use beyond just unlocking the class. When we can't access a class that's central to our character's theme or development, the IC takes a direct hit.
*loud burp*
While it's very much the case with boxing gloves, you can in fact curse your own weapons through ritual scrolls dropped by the newly added monsters from the manor. And it's not a rare drop either.
Updating my original post. Thanks for the correction. Lost my net and was gone for awhile.
*loud burp*
Although I'm tempted to say this is blown out of proportion, there is a point to be made here.

I can understand why you could be upset over item-specific promotion requirements (especially when criteria becomes more strict as classes get added; any cursed weapon (Hexer) that was locked to drop-only for most of the classes' life to the most recent boxing gloves (Boxer).
Also Known As:
Exxy Izzy
Not that fond of the rant but I do agree that it would save a lot of hassle if Boxing Gloves were available to buy from an NPC shop.
[Image: 95e2774f19.png]
On board with Sly here, at both.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
*sweatdrop* Guys... this is me we're talking about. If that's a "rant" then what are my walls of text? *laugh*
*loud burp*
Anything that requires a specific item (or another class, like MG) should have an alternate unlock.
I had thought there were two ways to unlock all promos (or at least, that's what I heard when SL2 first started up), and I think that would be a neato thing if not.
Quote:OOC Devourer Of Souls: She left me for WoW?! THIS IS BULLSHIT

Quote:Underwhelmed green-haired girl shouts "BITING EACH OTHER IS NOT A LIZARD SEX THING."
The second method hasn't always been implemented, or can often be more restrictive than the main method. For example, the alternate way of unlocking Ghost requires the Ghost history. This means that if you took any other history (And it's decently likely you did,) the only way to get Ghost is the 10% method (Which, as many of us will testify to, can be such a terrifying hassle if you already have March and Preparation.) Or, as another example, LB's alt unlock involves levelling Mage up to 10, making the second option unuseable as a Destinied Curate (This won't matter at higher levels, but that SP tax with Staff Mastery will bite into your available SP if you start as a Destinied curate and aren't already using high level classes)

A single unlock is not an issue for a lot of classes (Kensei? Wo Dao from the blacksmith in Oniga. Evoker? Pfffft.) But for others, it can admittedly be a pain (Such as the aforementioned Hexer and Boxer, and of course, MG with Rank 10 Mage as a Destinied archer.)
*loud burp*