Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lore Questions: November (2016)
This was asked over a year ago by Catabur but I figure I'd bring it up again with religion being a more pronounced thing now.

Who is the God/Goddess of Love? And is there anything more you can tell us about them?
[Image: 95e2774f19.png]
Shot through the heart, but it's too laaate. You give love a bad name.
(What I imagine intense worshipers of the goddess of love say to heathens.)

Moving one, due to the recent explosion of possessed PCs, what are some ways to release a spirits from a person's body that isn't beating the crap out of them?

Something a bit far-fetched: Since youkai are considered spiritual beings and can also "possess" you, would it be possible for a youkai to "kill" a spirit, or can they not because of their contract? Or can they just not at all.
[Image: rsz_c1ccb08eb04837ddc6b315f834f7f11a.png]
So, Hippogriphs skill is called "Mare Wing" does this mean they are all female? Or just the wing? Or is it just a neat skill name.
OOC Devourer Of Souls: it makes me feel like someone slipped me acid laced water
I believe that you've stated before that vampires can go six years without feeding without dying of starvation, but also that sun exposure accelerates their hunger. If a vampire gets about as much exposure to the sun as the average human, about how often would they need to feed without risking any negative impact upon their 'health' (aging, being weakened by hunger, etc.)?

How quickly does blood lose its potency as a source of focus for vampires once outside of a living being/after said being dies? Is it a matter of seconds, or perhaps minutes? Gradually over a few hours, etc.?
[Image: 34838e9c78aaab4cfa3e2dabd2135899.png]
Gun Questions:

How sophisticated are the firearms? I know that in the lore, MANY people simply use them to fire magic since it's cheaper than bullets, but not everyone. For those that use live ammo and multiple rounds, do they have magazines? Or is the Spirit Hunter a revolving rifle?

And, in terms of those that do fire energy instead of ammo, what mechanisms are in place to prevent, say, full auto gatling shotguns? If this is largely common sense to not overly tax the user, what ill effects could conceivably come out of going overboard in desperate struggles? How much impact does the gun itself have in terms of the energy fired? Could someone technically get Excel Sniper performance out of a handgun, or is there a much tighter restriction set by the gun itself?
*loud burp*
This is a bunch of questions relating to the world of Sigrogana itself. I ask because a lot of us are confused about the proportions.

-How many people (Estimated) live on the planet?

-Given the absurdly low travel time between continents/across them, in scale, how small is the world of Sigrogana compared to Earth?

-Which of the continents is the largest one and is this represented on the world map?
How does an Engineer's Jetpack function? With the introduction of the skill, this made me question the implications of it.
How exactly does 'Watching you through the magic of lNET" work? Huntski that gives you boss killing quests mentions this and I want to know exactly how this works if there's any ways players can do this.
OOC Devourer Of Souls: it makes me feel like someone slipped me acid laced water
Question about Dullahans.

Is it possible for a dedicated Spiritualist (or Hexer) to fiddle with the haunted armor's soul? For example, moving it to another piece of armor.
[Image: Fern22.gif]
[Image: unknown.png]
"Blissey" Wrote:When is the Voice's birthday?

Also, something a bit imposing, but:

When Ashe said that Mercala was the essence of all Life, and therefore she is the goddess of all Life, in what capacity is she truly the goddess of all Life?
Was Mercala the original progenitor of the nomadic race of humans before the Gods came from the Void?
Or, was she simply responsible for bringing verdure and such to Sigrogana planet (therefore, a big part of life) when she convinced Nairyf to plow a sun into a sword (assuming the intensity when there were two suns was immense, and considering the environment now, it can be safely assumed that Sigrogana was pretty much a wasteland back when two suns existed)?
And how much does she have to do with the mortal soul/soul in general (or in some cases, pseudo-immortal souls barring undead and un-undead)?

It's okay not to answer these because they're somewhat specific, but a bit too much about Mercala's lore is a bit obfuscated (even if the debates are fun). Feel free to clarify what you can. (Don't worry I wont' ask about Doriads.)

Also, you did mention That Big Tree on Mersales. I'll try not to ask for specifics, but a bit of lore would be appreciated for the religious elves that may exist in the meta-canon. What can you tell us about That Big Tree? Any practices? Anything at all you may have already drafted up/come up with?

Also, one more thing: since Mercana can't be used to scan/sense for any variable or invariable internal injuries, contusions, or sickness (I honestly don't see why not, especially in the case of a very powerful healer of sorts, and if being used directly on the patient aside from cues), would Ki be able to? If not, are there any Karatynn technologies that would be able to?

1) The same day as Christmas (very creative, I know.)
2) I wouldn't take Ashe's eloquence literally, since all she was saying is that you can't kill the Voice because Mercala's healing magic is so powerful that it would simply heal them as you tried. The Vajistra legend may or may not be embellished.
3) Mercala is unrelated to souls.
4) There's a big, magic, sacred tree on Mersales. It never wilts or loses its leaves. It's special to the elves. That's about it.
5) Ki most likely wouldn't be able to do so, and there isn't any common or portable technology that would help.

"noblekame" Wrote:Alright this would be a question most old vampires would know, was there truly ever two suns or is it just a fairy tale given with some magic sword?

Also to ask for a quick mechanical stats into the RP environment, how strong with earth magicks would a geomancer have to be to sunder a mountain with little effort, or to sunder a mountain at all with little time.

1) Even old vampires wouldn't know the truth about that particular legend.
2) That sort of thing wouldn't be possible by a lone mage.

"Spoops" Wrote:In the abberation spear's description, a demonic insect is mentioned as being used to make the thing, is the spear just literally made of the insect's body? Also what is the insect like, does it control lightning? Is it massive in any way? Would the monster be strong at all?

Where do dark bards originate from? Any specific nation?

1) The spear is a mixture between body parts and crafted parts. We can assume it has some relation to lightning and it'd probably be considered massive for an insect. It would be fairly dangerous.
2) They originate from Sigrogana. Dark bards are basically just a different music genre using different instruments, which originate on Sigrogana. In particular, Beldam first popularized the idea of using lightning magic to amplify the sounds of certain instruments.

"Exxy" Wrote:How big is the Cellsvich Forest exactly? My initial impression was that it's fairly massive seeing as how you could fit about 6-7 copies of Cellsvich in it, not to mention it stretches across a good half of the continent going west to east and stopping at a great lake.

EDIT: I'm for-certain this has been brought up in another thread or in an OOC discussion with you (although I doubt it was in the Lore Threads, I tried to Ctrl+F and couldn't find it via key words), but for the sake of consistency: Are Hyattr allowed to have horns and/or tails as well as wings? I can almost remember horns being okay'd (I think you said mainly for the sake of pictures of playbys without them being fairly hard to come-by).

EDIT: When vampires mist, do they head to the closest available spot to re-appear? For instance, if they were killed in-doors or in a cave system, they would materialize again shortly there-after, possibly a fair-enough distance away from their killer if the structure permits it. (mainly asked to prevent Vampires cheesing and saying they mist away to another place entirely)

1) I don't really like giving 'size' listing for areas. I'm bad at it, for one thing, and the overworld will probably be redone at some point, so it's pointless. But the woods are quite substantial overall, where most of the meat in the capital is hunted, and so on.
2) Yes, you can have a tail as Hyattr, although you aren't required to. Horns are a little more questionable, I suppose it depends on how pronounced them are, but it's not something I associate with the Hyattr anywhere.
3) They will typically mist towards the nearest bat-dwelling cavern with the least dangerous conditions; danger would come from monsters or people. There's no hard and fast rules for misting, it's a pretty magical phenomenon.

"Blissey" Wrote:When it comes to Void Poisoning affecting a person, if that person or thing has substantial dark resistance, would the effect be lessened? Is Void magic something far more sinister than just Dark magic, or separate altogether?

Dark resistance has little to no bearing on void poisoning's severity.

"Ranylyn" Wrote:I may as well throw this here since someone was asking yesterday:

Does the world have any kind of developed sign language? Or is it basically limited to expressive gestures to try to convey basic things like "Look" or "Stop?"

Developed sign language exists, but is probably not well known by the commonfolk.

"Kavoir" Wrote:IN the Racial description for Papillons it reads "Although some claim these individuals are nothing more than phantoms of the woods..." what is meant by that? Where is the support of this theory? Where is it popular? I assume it means that people think that they are not humans and just external agents of the woods like a group of evil buggy doriads.

What goods does Egywn typically want from the outside world? And what are the most common imports from there? I mean I assume most of the world wants there coffee and maybe body parts from some of its animals but is there anything notable beyond that?

1) It's meant that some people think that Papilions are just the ghosts of people who died in the woods. The support for the theory is that it seems believable; people come up with a lot of explanations for things that they witness, and usually without much evidence.
2) They typically want things that are hard to get on Egwyn, like medicine. They will often export plants unique to Egwyn, or exotic creatures, or their pelts, and so on.

"Soapy" Wrote:More Vampire stuff.

So we know becoming a vampire cures diseases and whatnot, but what about curses?

Since there are Elves and Vampires old enough to know, what was the world like before the Enlightenment?

Vampires being the political sort, do they generally operate as some kind of collective, or do they just kind of do their own thing for the most part, or what? If there's a group, can we get some kind of hierarchy listed?

Which races can't leave behind ghosts after they die? What about animals and such?

How unusual are sentient magical talking pets, since that's what most pet kits are used for?

Given certain story events I think it's fairly safe to assume "familiars" exist, so can we get some information on them? How they're created, what they can be used for, etc.

Other than what's represented ingame, like the elemental buffs and item enhancement, what are some other things you can do with enchanting?

How are polygamy/adultery seen in the eyes of the law/church/general population? (Preferably in more detail than "It depends on the region/culture.&quotWink

1) You'd have to be more specific what you meant by 'curses'.
2) I don't think there would be many, if any, elves or vampires who were aware of what the world was like back then. Elves in particular had no reason to leave Mersales before civilization became more organized. So I'll refrain from answering this one at the moment.
3) Vampires have been known to do their own thing, ultimately it becomes a question of how you became one. If a group of vampires is letting you into their inner circle you will often have positive mutual interests. If you became a vampire by your own 'will' in some way, it's different, since you're a lone wolf/bat.
4) It's much less common for non-mortals to leave behind spectres. Typically it's a process that requires strong emotions and strong intellect, which monsters, plants, and animals don't really possess.
5) Not very unusual, I suppose.
6) You'd have to be more specific which story events you're talking about.
7) I don't have a good answer for this at the moment.
8) It depends on the region/culture. Negative overall, though.

"Slydria" Wrote:This was asked over a year ago by Catabur but I figure I'd bring it up again with religion being a more pronounced thing now.

Who is the God/Goddess of Love? And is there anything more you can tell us about them?

Nope, not yet.

"catabur" Wrote:Shot through the heart, but it's too laaate. You give love a bad name.
(What I imagine intense worshipers of the goddess of love say to heathens.)

Moving one, due to the recent explosion of possessed PCs, what are some ways to release a spirits from a person's body that isn't beating the crap out of them?

Something a bit far-fetched: Since youkai are considered spiritual beings and can also "possess" you, would it be possible for a youkai to "kill" a spirit, or can they not because of their contract? Or can they just not at all.

1) Weakening the body physically is an efficient way, but just like you can draw and coax spirits into your body via possession, you can do the same to try and get them to exit someone's.
2) You can't kill a spirit, no, and Youkai wouldn't be able to do much to force it out, however a summoner with Install spirits is better suited to shaking off and resisting the possession.

"Raigen.Convict" Wrote:So, Hippogriphs skill is called "Mare Wing" does this mean they are all female? Or just the wing? Or is it just a neat skill name.

It's just a skill name.

"Cat15" Wrote:I believe that you've stated before that vampires can go six years without feeding without dying of starvation, but also that sun exposure accelerates their hunger. If a vampire gets about as much exposure to the sun as the average human, about how often would they need to feed without risking any negative impact upon their 'health' (aging, being weakened by hunger, etc.)?

How quickly does blood lose its potency as a source of focus for vampires once outside of a living being/after said being dies? Is it a matter of seconds, or perhaps minutes? Gradually over a few hours, etc.?

It's hard to know what the 'average human's exposure to the sun' is, because that depends heavily on your profession, but I'll assume you mean 'out during most of the day'. It depends on if you're in direct sunlight for most of it or not, as well. I'd say at least once every day or two if you're in the sun that much.

It's gradual. Within 24 hours, it'll lose all of its focus content.

"Ranylyn" Wrote:Gun Questions:

How sophisticated are the firearms? I know that in the lore, MANY people simply use them to fire magic since it's cheaper than bullets, but not everyone. For those that use live ammo and multiple rounds, do they have magazines? Or is the Spirit Hunter a revolving rifle?

And, in terms of those that do fire energy instead of ammo, what mechanisms are in place to prevent, say, full auto gatling shotguns? If this is largely common sense to not overly tax the user, what ill effects could conceivably come out of going overboard in desperate struggles? How much impact does the gun itself have in terms of the energy fired? Could someone technically get Excel Sniper performance out of a handgun, or is there a much tighter restriction set by the gun itself?

They're not very sophisticated and are fueled entirely by magic contained in the gun or bullet itself. Spirit Hunter would be more akin to being able to load multiple bullets at once but it doesn't have a changeable magazine or anything like that.

Eventually the gun will run out of energy or bullets, so there's no way you could do something like an infinte auto fire. The power of the bullet is determined by the bullet type, which differs depending on the gun, so a handgun and a sniper rifle will have clear differences in power.

"MakeshiftWalrus" Wrote:This is a bunch of questions relating to the world of Sigrogana itself. I ask because a lot of us are confused about the proportions.

-How many people (Estimated) live on the planet?

-Given the absurdly low travel time between continents/across them, in scale, how small is the world of Sigrogana compared to Earth?

-Which of the continents is the largest one and is this represented on the world map?

In the known world, probably a few hundred million.

The travel time between areas doesn't have any influence on how big the world is, so please don't make any assumptions based on that. The known world is significantly smaller than Earth, however.

Sigrogana is the largest, but it's made up of two large land-masses.

"Trexmaster" Wrote:How does an Engineer's Jetpack function? With the introduction of the skill, this made me question the implications of it.

Probably similar to how a real jetpack would function, although the propulsion can come from different spots than just the traditional 'backpack' jetpack. However it only lasts for a very short period of time and is probably closer to a jump than a jetpack.

"Raigen.Convict" Wrote:How exactly does 'Watching you through the magic of lNET" work? Huntski that gives you boss killing quests mentions this and I want to know exactly how this works if there's any ways players can do this.

Asago Corp will let certain priviledged individuals observe people live through stationary terminals for a fee, provided they have accepted a request from the individual and are in the process of completing it, and the party consents to it (which, in this case, you do by accepting the quest.)

"Fern" Wrote:Question about Dullahans.

Is it possible for a dedicated Spiritualist (or Hexer) to fiddle with the haunted armor's soul? For example, moving it to another piece of armor.

No, Dullahan are tied to their armor permanently.