Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Roleplay Content Suggestions
"[url=http://www.neus-projects.net/viewtopic.php?p=2350#p2350 Wrote:Rendar » Fri Dec 19, 2014 10:51 pm[/url]"]Okay, so. Basically it goes like this.

1. Get nominated to be DM
2. Storyboard the plot over on SECRET FORUMS.
3. Have it be reviewed, changed as needed, and talked over between all DMs/Dev.
4. Make revisions as needed, resubmit idea.
5. Get the okay to do it.
6. Promptly make everything you need to run the storyline .where. you need it to go.
7. Run the storyline when you can and take logs/pictures.
8. If all goes well, Dev will integrate it with the actual in-game story if it affects much.
9. ???
10. PROFIT!

More or less, though how much or if at all #8 applies is something based on the event/plot itself and my own feelings on it, which I assume everyone expected already. But things in the game reflecting things that happen in plots can happen (like NPCs mentioning it, an item referencing the event/etc being added, some aesthetic changes to maps, things of that nature).
Jail break.

Prisoners get out of hand.

Guard needs help.

Half of the Quiet Shrine blown to smithereens. B )

Reward?

Half the shrine is blown to bits, find ancient relic later.

TONS OF NEW SHIV/MAKESHIFT WEAPONS
I'm okay with anyone being a dm, since it's peer review , hell I'd want in on that as most of the characters I've been wanting to make are one off bad guys
I feel an application process is a fair way to assess who would be able to be able to be on the big time event team. Initially everyone deserves a fair chance, and when it's properly regulated (see Dev simple laughing at you and just shaking his head before denying you (that's just a joke)) then there doesn't seem to be much room for error.

Then again, people have to be open to ideas, not make assumptions (especially when characters can simply lie about things, or make a bluff), and not try to force the GM/DM to force kill the villain and throw a fit about it when it doesn't end up happening that way. Which is from my side of the coin, all I've seen people do.

Nothing's perfect and comes out the way you plan in your head (due to time constraints and etc), and it's generally harder to do it all on your own, but people really need to lighten up and experience things first hand before they go throwing out baseless assumptions about the ideas of others or going by what their friend told them.

Also, just because you get into a PvP and lose, it doesn't mean you have to end up with battle scars, magically be missing an arm, or have some kind of glorious Kamina themed death just because you fought a battle. People can hold back in their power, Kinu obviously does (not saying anyone's on her tier in combat, but just because you win doesn't mean they have to be a bloody sack of meat in front of you, it's pretty common knowledge they lost or are injured in some manner).

But all in all, not only just having events run by one GM/DM at a time, but maybe a forum or some such that would allow them to collaborate on ideas prior to submission / activation. What all would be a requirement for application? I mean, I don't think it'd just be a simple, "I want to DM I have idears too" sort of volunteering.
Quote:OOC Devourer Of Souls: I did literally nothing and have never played YGO in my life.
OOC Black Chaos X: OOC Devourer Of Souls: no one activated zera ritual
OOC Blissey: HHHAHAHAAA
OOC Devourer Of Souls: That's fake.

Tengen Toppa [Image: 2zolp55.jpg] !!!
This all depends on how the events in question go. Because anyone can host an event, not just the GMs already, so in theory, it'd be safe to assume that GMs would be able to use some of their otherworldly powers to create a more impressive event scheme for those that wish to participate.

This meaning closer to how Space Station Admin Events are held, instead of how I see events on SL2 are held. Though I'm completely supportive of the idea of GMs being allowed to run events. This being said it would help improve the game's quality and remove some of the routine daily things, such as the daily tavern RP, or daily spar RP.

But before any of that can happen, I would like to see some of the characters that don't have the "Rambo" effect, or "Lynch He" syndrome. Some examples I'm talking about can be seen below, though in short, players who undergo the effect of thinking they are always better than everyone and can do everything and save everyone by themselves, with no reason or emotion whiplash. Then to have zero emotional response or lack any response at all from what they've done to said 'antagonist'. Or another popular trend of banding four of the best PvPers known to go out and spark literal manhunts across the country, as if they were Oblivion Guards.

The Rambo Effect
[Image: rambo.jpg]

Lynch He Syndrome
[Image: 201002010_lynch.jpg]

Now back to the topic at hand, going back, I also know that the concept originally talked about was DMs not just GMs being DMs. Which is another thing I would be definitely approving of, as long as the handled issue above is handled. Though as for the process of them as well as some events that's already had happened, I quite enjoy. Some of the bigger things were the times as I've played Kacela, probably a long forgotten Vampire RedTail, who was killed throughout an event. Though I really liked my character, the event was cleanly ran and well played, there was even OOC consent before the death, and even some consultation afterwards regarding the loss. For those who were familiar with that event was the one against the Masks. One that was around for quite some time, and I had a number of characters involved in. Evirine too, was involved for those familiar with my main that I had at the time. And I've seen the entire event to it's fullest, and can say it was well thought out and well executed. A bit grim and dark, but great event! Kudos Ryu!

But if we do get our lovely DM group, I would appreciate to see what they might have to offer, and would be more appreciative if the community could work more as a loving community to help further the game along to where it should go.
While the cases against Ryu have a good point (despite the far-too-vague snark/greentext posts that contributed absolutely nothing as usual), people are seriously overestimating just how much Ryu could actually get through. If what he would be doing is that bad, Dev will end up stopping it. It's not that hard; Dev does, despite what some people might believe, give a damn about what's going on. I certainly don't see how he'll screw up on noticing a bad event. (Especially if he decided to get opinions on it)

tl;dr Everyone needs to chill the hell out. It's not going to go in the absolute worst way possible.

Anyways, as far as handling who gets to be a DM, I honestly hope that it never comes down to nominations. The last thing that should be happening is for DMs to be determined by any kind of popularity contest. Leave it to something else entirely, like applications.

And dear god, letting everyone have a jab at storyboards is going to cause far too many headaches to work.
[Image: a2794117f3.png]
[12:53:15 AM] Chaos: don't hit dyst
[12:53:18 AM] Chaos: that's cruelty to animals
[12:53:20 AM] Chaos: you have to shoot it
[12:53:20 AM] Dystopia: ye
"[url=http://www.neus-projects.net/viewtopic.php?p=2363#p2363 Wrote:Chaos » Fri Dec 19, 2014 11:47 pm[/url]"]Anyways, as far as handling who gets to be a DM, I honestly hope that it never comes down to nominations. The last thing that should be happening is for DMs to be determined by any kind of popularity contest. (And the flame wars that will inevitably happen) Leave it to something else entirely, like applications.

And dear god, letting everyone have a jab at storyboards is going to cause far too many headaches to work.

I'm totally in agreeance for the first statement. Although the second I feel is more of a, "Hey I need your opinion, can you help me out?" sort of thing. Or if people want to do some sort of collaboration.
Quote:OOC Devourer Of Souls: I did literally nothing and have never played YGO in my life.
OOC Black Chaos X: OOC Devourer Of Souls: no one activated zera ritual
OOC Blissey: HHHAHAHAAA
OOC Devourer Of Souls: That's fake.

Tengen Toppa [Image: 2zolp55.jpg] !!!
"[url=http://www.neus-projects.net/viewtopic.php?p=2363#p2363 Wrote:Chaos » Sat Dec 20, 2014 4:47 am[/url]"]Anyways, as far as handling who gets to be a DM, I honestly hope that it never comes down to nominations. The last thing that should be happening is for DMs to be determined by any kind of popularity contest. Leave it to something else entirely, like applications.

I'm more or less in agreement on both points. Applications show a certain level of work ethic; I simply mentioned nominations as an option, not the ideal method. Also, trying to involve everyone in a 'storyboard' would be very impractical, inflammatory, and would likely spoil any plot elements involved. It's just not a realistic option.

That said, I'll discuss what we're going to do on this front when I have more details to share. People are welcome to continue discussing it if they like.
So I wanted to comment on this and throw in this rough layout taken in part from Eternia's Event Admins. Again, I loathe Eternia, but this is a good recipe.

Getting to the point:
Code:
DM's are completely separate Entities from GMs. (As it has been said, just because you're a GM does not = DM)  

Applications directly to Dev would be preferred and if approved by him, passed to the Moderator Admins that see over the game. (Slydria, Chaos, Ryu)

The basic application could be something along the lines of

BYOND Key[s]:

Current or Previous Characters [SL1/Sl2]:

Time Zone and general availability (Weekends only; have school/work/Military. Only available on weeknights 5pm -- etc):

Personal Summary(Brief summary  about yourself- your personality, if you've DM'd in the past on separate games [SS13 etc], etc etc. Anything you'd like to include.):

Event Example: (Give us a rundown of an event you'd host, or maybe a small chain of 'them. Include things like the progression route, obstacles players encounter, rewards, etc! Feel free to include multiple event examples but just one is fine. Naturally this will need to fit within the lore of the game as anything that drifts too extreme will be denied. Just because it fits the lore does not guarantee acceptance either):

Skype: (If you'd prefer not to make this public, that's fine. I'll send a PM requesting it if you're approved)

Any other info regarding your application for a DM.
-----
DM's responsibilities include

"
-- run and assist with events.
-- co-ordinate said events in the Skype channel, gathering feedback / approval.
-- answer to admins and respect their wishes on certain aspects. Neus would naturally trump over all admins rulings.
"

DM's are not to:
Moderate players in a general sense
Force a player to participate regardless of any reason
Ever force a character into a no-win situation-- This is more so saying you cannot allow a character to willingly play and then put him in a situation where either way it ends up with him dead or severely handicapped ie. You either lose your left leg or you are paralyzed the rest of your life from that snake bite.

--

DM's are not just people who come up with events, but people who host and run the events. They can take suggestions from the community etc and tailor an event that matches the guidelines required into something anyone can participate in. Naturally, events should be primarily focused on roleplay and NOT combat. Example of an event no one wants to see; Event! Grand Champion of Cellvich! Defeat him in the arena to earn a reward! Has 70 in all stats and 1200 health!
--
Usually these type of events hosted by DM's do not progress the main story line, but serve as side arcs. Basically side quests for people to enjoy and play with their friends! Obviously more larger and complex event could be suited towards a large audience and governed by the Head Admins as well but those are not responsibility of a DM.

Hopefully this gives you something to work with. Add me on Skype if you'd like to discuss more or on here @Neus
-- dano259
[Image: b89f62f8ce.jpg]
[Image: tumblr_m7g6clz79C1rpqqpz.gif] I'm also still Batman.